Geneanet Job Offer: Genealogical Data Manager
As part of its development process, Geneanet recruits a Data Manager in charge of the genealogical database.
The Data Manager will be responsible for updating the international Geneanet genealogical database provided by multiple sources: external websites, genealogy societies, partners. In more details:
- He/she will report directly to the Technical Manager
- He/she will improve our scripts and tools for exporting, transforming and importing data, and he will create new ones
- He/she will work closely with the technical team on the process specifications and on the frequency of updating data
- He/she will work closely with the CEO and the International Manager who are in charge of the data sourcing
- He/she will deal with the genealogy societies, the partners and the foreign correspondents
- He/she will ensure the setting up and the follow-up of the data sources
- He/she will provide ad-hoc reports and analysis
- He/she will be responsible for the quality of the new genealogical data
- You have a computing background (Baccalauréat + 2 years or more), and you are resourceful, autonomous and efficient in processing scripts.
- You have experience in web scraping, in processing CSV files, in regular expressions, and in one of the following programming languages: Sh, Perl and Python.
- You have genealogy skills, ability to work in a team environment, and you are fluent in French and English (additional fluency in Dutch or German is appreciated).
- You are organized and efficient.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Location: Paris, France.
Please read the 'Geneanet First Steps' pages to learn more about GeneanetFirst Steps
To ask for help on any topic related to the Geneanet website, to report a bug and to make a suggestion, please go to our forum.Forum
Questions not related to blog notes will not be answered here. Many thanks for your comprehension.