Geneanet Club Privilege Pricing Is Changing
13 years after its launch, the Club Privilege pricing is changing so Geneanet can pursue its mission of helping genealogists.
Since its founding, Geneanet offers a free service which allow genealogists to share their family tree. Information provided by the Geneanet members are free for everyone. This free-of-charge service has a cost for the Geneanet growing organization. Since 2001, this cost is almost entirely borne by the Club Privilege members.
Thanks to this income, Geneanet can offer many services to family history researchers:
- professional people to develop tools,
- web servers which support millions of visits per day,
- storage servers which support more and more data, pictures, archival records and family trees,
- computing power which allows effective database searching,
- free hosting of collaborative digitizing and indexing projects.
A team of 27 persons, more than 1.3 milliard database entries, and a number of visits 50 times higher than in 2001.
The goal of Geneanet is not changing: encouraging the sharing of genealogy data.
This pricing change will allow us to:
- maintain an high-quality service and innovate,
- adapt software and hardware to technological changes,
- support data sharing and collaborative projects.
On March 19, 2014, price will go to 45.00 Euros for a 1-year membership, and it will go to 82.00 Euros for a 2-year membership.
Already a Club Privilege member? You can renew your membership before the price changes take effect on midnight, March 18, 2014 (Paris, France time zone): 1-year membership at 40.00 Euros or 2-year membership at 75.00 Euros.
Not a Club Privilege member? Support the Geneanet project and subscribe to the Club Privilege before the price changes take effect on midnight, March 18, 2014 (Paris, France time zone): 1-year membership at 40.00 Euros or 2-year membership at 75.00 Euros.
Currency conversion on March 7, 2014:
- 45.00 EUR = 62.5712 USD and 82.00 EUR = 114.035 USD
- 45.00 EUR = 37.2867 GBP and 82.00 EUR = 67.9434 GBP
- 45.00 EUR = 68.7228 CAD and 82.00 EUR = 125.216 CAD
- 45.00 EUR = 68.5356 AUD and 82.00 EUR = 124.887 AUD
Please read the 'Geneanet First Steps' pages to learn more about GeneanetFirst Steps
To ask for help on any topic related to the Geneanet website, to report a bug and to make a suggestion, please go to our forum.Forum
Questions not related to blog notes will not be answered here. Many thanks for your comprehension.