Genealogy Software Updates of the Week
• Sorting: If you sort by Custom ID on the Name List screen or the Custom Report, purely numeric IDs should sort as numbers and IDs that are not purely numeric should sort alphabetically. AQ had a bug wherein if an ID was a number of more than 5 digits, the number was sorted alphabetically. Fixed. All numeric IDs now sort numerically.
GEDCOM Lexer Plugin for Notepad++ 0.1.0-r15 (GEDCOM Tools - Windows - Freeware/Open Source) NEW!
• Enhances Notepad++ text editor's handling of GEDCOM files.
• View GEDCOM files with syntax highlighting of: level, xref id, tag, pointer, value and escape tokens. Customize coloration and font styles. Grammar errors are also highlighted.
GRAMPS 4.0.3 (Full Featured - Linux - Freeware/Open Source)
• Fix copy via context menu on Views into Charts Category.
• Fix Tab sequence in Name Editor.
• Fix citations gramplet into media view.
• Fix unhandled exception when inspecting media.
• Fix Citation sidebar filter for python3.
• Fix add link to a “Html code” note.
• And more...
Legacy Family Tree (Full Featured - Windows - Purchase)
• Legacy Family Tree is now available in the Italian language.
My Family Tree 18.104.22.168 (Full Featured - Windows - Freeware)
• Small number of improvements and minor fixes.
The Next Generation of Genealogy Sitebuilding 10 (Web Publishing - Windows, Mac, Linux - Purchase)
• TNG 10 will be available soon! RootsTech attendees will be able to buy TNG10 in a special presale.
TreeDraw 4.2.0 (Charts and Diagrams - Windows - Shareware)
• Adds the ability to set default formatting styles based on the current selection.
• Adds the ability to set visual import styles based on the current selection.
• Adds the ability to set the vertical snap-to-grid spacing based on the current selection.
• Removes inapplicable commands from the Drawing Area popup menu.
• Fixes missing Format | Font default settings after selecting multiple text elements.
• Fixes mis-match between Format | Text alignment setting in main menu and popup menu.
TreeHopper 1.1.10 (GEDCOM Tools - Windows - Freeware) NEW!
• Explore and view your family tree with TreeHopper.
• This is the first Windows 8 App that can read in a GEDCOM file (v5.5.1 or earlier) directly from your device and display the results to give an accurate and easy to use method to browse your family information.
• Available in English and Spanish.
Please read the 'Geneanet First Steps' pages to learn more about GeneanetFirst Steps
To ask for help on any topic related to the Geneanet website, to report a bug and to make a suggestion, please go to our forum.Forum
Questions not related to blog notes will not be answered here. Many thanks for your comprehension.