Genealogy Software Updates of the Week
• Added support for new XML Sharing Option in Aperture 3.5 and later.
• Added ability to crop an image with multiple lines of text (previously limited to top line).
• Added new appearance options for image placeholders.
• Improved the way shapes are selected by detecting clicks near the actual path of the shape (if not filled) instead of the interior of the shape.
• Improved the grid feature: the grid settings can now be saved on a document-by-document basis and the grid can optionally be printed.
• When multiple objects are resized, the font size and kerning of text boxes are scaled proportionally.
• The handles for the selected graphic now ALWAYS appear, even if Trim to Page is enabled and the handles are outside of the page bounds.
• Bug fixes.
RootsMapper 1.2.0 (Mapmaking - Windows, Mac, Linux, Mobile - Freeware)
• Quickview: When you hover over a pin you will see a tooltip appear giving you a preview of that person and their lifespan so that you don't have to click on a pin just to find out their name. For more details you can still click on the pin.
• Traceback: By default, when you click on a pin, the lines and pins that trace that person back to the root person will be highlighted in black and yellow so that you can see how the root person relates to the selected person. This function can be disabled in the new Options menu.
• Isolate: This button will temporarily hide all pins and lines except for the highlighted Traceback so that you can more easily examine it.
• Country Statistics: Also available in the new Options menu, the Country Stats button will show you a count of the number of pins in each country. The numbers are updated any time a new pin is plotted, whether by a run or by expanding a line.
• Pedigree List: The Pedigree List button in the Options menu displays an expandable pedigree of the people who have been plotted. Presently it is for informational purposes only and does not allow interaction with the pins.
• Lines: The lines that connect the pins on the map can be hidden using the Lines button in the options menu.
• Bug fixes.
Please read the 'Geneanet First Steps' pages to learn more about GeneanetFirst Steps
To ask for help on any topic related to the Geneanet website, to report a bug and to make a suggestion, please go to our forum.Forum
Questions not related to blog notes will not be answered here. Many thanks for your comprehension.