Genealogy Software Updates of the Week
• Improved handling Roots Magic 6 files.
• Improved handling of Family Tree Maker files.
• Fixed crashes.
• Improved media handling.
• Removed Separate and AncestorSplit feature because of changes on new FamilySearch.
• Added ability to save to earlier Family Tree Maker files that we open.
GRAMPS 4.0.0 (Full Featured - Linux - Freeware/Open Source)
• Conversion to GTK 3 and use of gobject introspection.
• Support for python 3.
• Code reorganization.
• Autotools is no longer used for building Gramps, distutils is used.
• Completely reworked localization handling.
MacFamilyTree 6.3.9 (Full Featured - Mac - Purchase)
• Fixed saving editable charts.
• Fixed saving editable reports.
• Stability improvements.
The Next Generation of Genealogy Sitebuilding 9.2.1 (Web Publishing - Windows, Mac, Linux - Purchase)
• Ahnentafel/Register: Child links on these pages did not go to the right place (fixed).
• Calendar: The cross icon used to indicate a death has been replaced with a headstone icon.
• Calendar: The names of living and private individuals were being displayed on the calendar when the user did not have rights to see that information (fixed).
• Cemeteries: Headstone pagination links for cemeteries were not working (fixed).
• Citations: When creating a new source while adding a new citation, the dropdown of repositories was not being restricted to the current tree (fixed).
• And much more...
Please read the 'GeneaNet First Steps' pages to learn more about GeneaNetFirst Steps
To ask for help on any topic related to the GeneaNet website, to report a bug and to make a suggestion, please go to our forum.Forum
Questions not related to blog notes will not be answered here. Many thanks for your comprehension.