Genealogy Software Updates of the Week
• Reorder Spouses/Children: Occasionally, AQ would crash after you reordered spouses or children. Fixed.
• General: In a very rare case, AQ would crash after receiving unexpected data from FamilySearch. Fixed.
• Seal to Parents: In build 8, we introduced a bug into AQ, in which it would occasionally indicate that there was an extra set of parents. Fixed.
• Long Place Name: Sometimes, if you tried to send a Place name to nFS or Family Tree which was more than 60 characters long, only the first 60 characters would be sent. Fixed.
Branches 126.96.36.199 (Full Featured - Windows - Purchase)
• Fixed an unhandled exception in the 'Find individual' function.
Family Chronicle 4.9.10 (Mobile - Purchase)
• Improved read whilst downloading including faster downloads and iPad 1 compatibility.
• Bug fixes including 'fetching data' fix, missing covers on coverflow, audio and video fixes.
• Performance improvements including iPad 1 stability.
GRAMPS 3.4.3 (Full Featured - Linux - Freeware/Open Source)
• Sorting of names, places etc. uses the International Components for Unicode (ICU) libraries which resolves many bugs particularly on MS Windows, and ensures that sorting is the same for all platforms.
• Addon checking and download works again.
• A large number of fixes to Narrative Web. In particular, media objects attached to events and sources are now output.
The Family Tree of Family for Android 1.7.8 (Mobile - Purchase)
• Export tree in Jpeg.
• Updating personal report.
The Next Generation of Genealogy Sitebuilding 9.2.0 (Web Publishing - Windows, Mac, Linux - Purchase)
• Branches: The "Find" dialog (used to add children to families, etc.) did not work for admin users assigned to a branch (fixed).
• Cemeteries: The "fill" functions that populated the parts of an associated Place into the cemetery fields and vice versa was not working (fixed).
• Descendants: The standard chart was showing vertical scroll bars when only one person or node was displayed (fixed).
• Events: The Add New Event popup would not disappear if the place name of the new event contained an apostrophe (fixed).
• GEDCOM: If a CONT or CONC line was blank, the space after CONT/CONC was not being removed (fixed).
Please read the 'GeneaNet First Steps' pages to learn more about GeneaNetFirst Steps
To ask for help on any topic related to the GeneaNet website, to report a bug and to make a suggestion, please go to our forum.Forum
Questions not related to blog notes will not be answered here. Many thanks for your comprehension.