Genealogy Software Updates of the Week
• CENtaR: The GEDCOM Census Table Report is a new utility that will build a concise listing of all GEDCOM CENSus records found in your database and display them in tabular format.
GedStar Pro for Android 2.4.1 (Mobile - Freeware)
• Screen layouts specific to 7-inch-class tablets.
• Thumbnail photos in tree views on 7-inch and larger tablets.
• Fix for crashes on large tablets with V2.4.0
• Other bug fixes.
GRAMPS 4.0.0-alpha3 (Full Featured - Linux - Freeware/Open Source)
• Ability to add a tag when importing. Adds preference, and tag on import for CSV, XML, and GEDCOM file formats.
• Improvements on setup.py
• New URL for gramps-addons.
• Better LANG variable management.
• Better support for python 2 and python 3.
• Bug fixes.
Personal Ancestry Writer II 102 (Full Featured - Mac - Freeware)
• PAWriter was compiled only for Intel Macs using Real Studio 2012 Release 1.
• PAWriter has been code signed for OS 10.8 Mountain Lion with a new certificate.
• Animation has been restored to the watch curser.
• Operations which display the progress window (e.g., loading and tagging data files, listing possible problems, analyzing linkages, etc.) have been significantly speeded up.
• The previously "secret" feature that took a GEDCOM file and produced a "reformatted" version of that GEDCOM file is now made explicate as the Format GEDCOM menu item in the File menu.
The Complete Genealogy Reporter 2013 build 130107 (Family Books - Windows - Shareware)
• Fixed: Spurious "?" characters in ANSI-encoded HTML reports.
• Improved: Alignment of sequence numbers and texts in narrative sections of HTML reports when viewed with the Mozilla Firefox browser.
• Improved: Formatting of Notes section (removal of unnecessary newline when note ends with period; addition of final period when missing from note text.
Vivify: The GEDCOM Birth Date Estimator 1.0 (GEDCOM Tools - Windows - Freeware)
• Vivify: The GEDCOM Birth Date Estimator will estimate birth dates for every person found missing them in your database. Vivify works by running your GEDCOM file through a battery of recursive, multipass, deep scanning algorithms designed to make the most accurate estimate possible.
Please read the 'Geneanet First Steps' pages to learn more about GeneanetFirst Steps
To ask for help on any topic related to the Geneanet website, to report a bug and to make a suggestion, please go to our forum.Forum
Questions not related to blog notes will not be answered here. Many thanks for your comprehension.