Genealogy Software Updates of the Week
• Added support for renaming "2 _AKA" records to "1 NAME" records.
Brother's Keeper 6.6.4 (Full Featured - Windows - Purchase)
• The 6.6.3 version would sometimes stop the program when making HTML files for the Ancestor Chart. That has been fixed now.
FamilyInsight for Windows 2012.12.1.0 (Other Tools - Windows - Purchase)
• Improved handling of Legacy files from their newest update.
• Crash fixes.
• Improved note saving to events.
• Improved text converter.
• Removed the FTM 2012 file format.
• Added RootsMagic 6 file format.
• Added FamilySearch IDs to TMG files.
GedFamilies for iPhone, iPad & Android 1.0.0 (Mobile - Purchase)
• The GedFamilies app enables family files in GEDCOM format to be transferred from a PC to your iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad, Android phone or tablet, enabling them to be viewed and edited wherever you are.
MobileFamilyTree Pro 1.2.4 (Mobile - Purchase)
• Fixed a bug that prevents taking pictures with the camera.
• Several other bug fixes.
Pocket Genealogist 4.07 (Mobile - Purchase)
• Support for Rootsmagic 6.
• Support for Ancestral Quest 14.
The Complete Genealogy Reporter 2012 build 121204 (Family Books - Windows - Shareware)
• Fixed: French grammar (Grand-Tante).
VGedX 1.09 (GEDCOM Tools - Windows - Freeware)
• Fixed an error in handling command line error options.
• Added many more options for ignoring errors and warnings. These are for advanced for users who may wish to run several tests partitioning their results..
• Maximum length errors now display the length rather than the exceeding text.
• Empty tags are now shown in tag lists as ‘(empty)’.
• Batch processing has been added to group results into a tab delimited file.
yEd 3.10 (Charts and Diagrams - Windows, Mac, Linux - Freeware)
• Added a new edge routing algorithm that can generate orthogonal edge paths as well as octilinear edge paths. The new octilinear style is a variation of the orthogonal edge routing style where diagonal transitions connect the horizontal and vertical segments of an edge.
• Added support for octilinear edge paths to the hierarchical layout algorithm.
• New configuration support in the properties table/properties dialog for preferred placement options and preferred rotation behavior for edge labels.
• Introduced a new edge split gesture where a node dragged from the palette and dropped onto an edge in the canvas automatically splits the edge in two and inserts the node as an intermediate stop connecting the two edges.
• Added support for scrolling the canvas using the mouse wheel.
Please read the 'GeneaNet First Steps' pages to learn more about GeneaNetFirst Steps
To ask for help on any topic related to the GeneaNet website, to report a bug and to make a suggestion, please go to our forum.Forum
Questions not related to blog notes will not be answered here. Many thanks for your comprehension.