Genealogy Software Updates of the Week
• The program automatically offers to create a backup copy of the current data file.
• In the "Create a person" menu there are adoptive parents and adopted children options.
• Long relation degrees can be abbreviated (see "Tree options" - "Tree nodes" - "Text" - "Displayed fields" - "Relation degree" - "Edit")
• The program automatically extracts the date when a photo was taken and fills the "Date" field in the document's information when creating a document.
• A few bugs have been fixed.
GDS (General Family Documentation System) 7.0.01 (Full Featured - Windows - Freeware)
• Small corrections.
GedTreeFree 0.9.7 (Mobile - Freeware)
• Support for larger trees by limiting the number of generations shown.
• Support for adopted individuals with multiple parent families.
GedView 3.4 (Mobile - Purchase)
• Support the larger screen of the iPhone 5.
Shoebox 2.2.1 (Mobile - Freeware)
• ShoeBox now supports uploading your photos to Ancestry.com.
• During the scan workflow, log in with your Ancestry account, choose a family tree, and tag people in the photo.
To learn how to use GeneaNet, please read the "GeneaNet First Steps" pages.First Steps
To ask for help on any topic related to the GeneaNet website, to report a bug and to make a suggestion, please go to our forum.Forum
Questions not related to blog notes will not be answered here. Many thanks for your comprehension.