Genealogy Software Updates of the Week
• New menu command to empty cache used for Place Advisor display.
• Improved relationship calculations. The calculations are now symmetric between two individuals, and certain relations (that were not really unique) are now removed.
• The method used to control labeling in tree chart view compared to tree outline view has been changed from the previous, cumbersome trick of inserting a special character at the start of the label to a more intuitive pop-up menu under the column name.
• Minor bug fixes in scripts ("Event Place for Window Records" and "Create Web Site") and in one interface format ("Default Format").
• The search panel remains visible now when you switch to a different application.
Irish Church Records 1.2 (Mobile - Freeware)
• iPhone 5 & iOS 6 compatibility.
• Fixed display bug when choosing contacts for email.
iScrapbook 3.3.8 (Family Pictures - Mac - Purchase)
• Improved auto-resizing of large images that are dragged and dropped onto the design canvas.
• Fixed issue dragging and dropping artwork images to the Finder.
• Fixed issue that sometimes caused photos to appear flipped when running under Mountain Lion.
• Fixed problem importing U.S. Letter and A4 Smart Templates so they're not interpreted for use in 12x12" albums.
• Fixed problem dragging cropped paper images to/from the Favorites Bin.
• Fixed clipping issues that occur only under Mountain Lion when dragging images around the design canvas.
The Next Generation of Genealogy Sitebuilding 9.0.4 (Web Publishing - Windows, Mac, Linux - Purchase)
• Albums: When albums without a cover photo were linked to individual events, the layout was not being displayed correctly (fixed).
• Anniversaries: The mouseover preview panes previously seen only on the search results page and What's New page are now available on the Anniversaries page as well.
• Associations: Privacy rights for names were not being correctly determined on the Admin/Associations pages (fixed).
• Branches: If the current user had an assigned branch, it was not visible on the Add New Person/Family screens (fixed).
• Maps: When mousing over a pin on a map, the place name and lat/long data did not have a space between them (fixed).
• Merge/Notes: When two people with notes were merged, the notes from the deleted person were not being deleted (fixed).
• Search: The family search page was throwing an error if no family custom event types were defined (fixed).
To learn how to use GeneaNet, please read the "GeneaNet First Steps" pages.First Steps
To ask for help on any topic related to the GeneaNet website, to report a bug and to make a suggestion, please go to our forum.Forum
Questions not related to blog notes will not be answered here. Many thanks for your comprehension.