Genealogy Software Updates of the Week
• When selecting an existing image on the Images form, there is now a filter textbox to help to narrow down the search for an image title. Thanks to John Morrison for suggesting this.
• Since version 3, the file paths where images are accessed have been remembered and recorded in a project options file. John Morrison pointed out that this didn't work well if the project was accessed on more than one computer, as the file paths used are likely to differ. Ancestral Sources will now record these image paths for every computer that the project is used on. There is also a new screen to allow these settings to be removed for computers that are no longer being used.
• The Save button on the Associated Individuals panel has now been retitled to Add (changes to Update when editing). This was prompted by suggestions from a number of users on the FHUG Ancestral Sources forum.
Legacy Family Tree 220.127.116.11 (Full Featured - Windows - Purchase)
• Help File - Help file has been updated.
• Gedcom Import - Increased the size of sources so we can fit the entire source being imported from Ancestry. This requires a database change.
• Picture Center - Fixed a Gedcom export problem that could mark two pictures as preferred.
• Reports - Fixed a problem with the List Report where removing all options puts report in endless loop.
• Reports - The animated printer image keeps running with paperless driver, PDF output selected and the gets report cancelled.
• Source Writer - Edit Master Source - Extra visible controls on right of button area.
Pocket Genealogist 4.06 (Mobile - Purchase)
• Direct import support for Legacy 18.104.22.168 (new database layout) Requires re-import and synchronization of your databases.
• Support for Family Historian Version 5.
Reunion 10.0.4 (Full Featured - Mac - Purchase)
• Fixed picture display issues with the MacBook Pro Retina display.
• Improved the behavior of the Back and Forward buttons in the family view.
• Fixed a problem where adding a new person would sometimes result in an erroneous date feasibility message.
• Fixed the date feasibility checker to account for date modifiers like "before" and "after."
• Fixed a rare problem where the number of siblings reported in a person button was incorrect.
• Ages appearing in person buttons will honor the "living age" preference setting.
• The Web Searching feature will open in the user's selected browser in Web Preferences.
• and more
The Complete Genealogy Reporter 2012 build 110916 (Family Books - Windows - Shareware)
• New: "Include RIN codes" option in the Report Detail preferences. This is primarily to assist users of MyHeritage Family Tree Builder to correlate individuals in the report with the ID reference numbers in the Family Tree Builder project.
• Improved: Sortation of individuals in narrative sections to improve the sequence of the report when multiple marriages exist for individuals.
• Fixed: Swedish reports now subtitle descendant generations correctly ("Generationen av Barnbarns Barn", etc.)
Transcript 2.4.1 build 93 beta (Transcriptions & Indexes - Windows - Freeware)
• Feature: (Pro only) menu option to add the complete image into the text (Warning: this can lead to large editor files causing slow loading, saving and editing!
• Bugfix: Division by zero when for some unclear reason when the amount of pictures in the folder of the current image seems to become 0.
• Updated jcl to 22.214.171.12471 and jvcl to 3.47 including a few changes needed to make Transcript work again. As a consequence Transcript should now also correctly detect and report Windows 8. (Though no other explicit Windows 8 changes have been made nor am I aware that any are needed.)
• Increased width of ProjectName box.
• Increase width of Image box when size of Transcript window allows it.
Please read the 'GeneaNet First Steps' pages to learn more about GeneaNetFirst Steps
To ask for help on any topic related to the GeneaNet website, to report a bug and to make a suggestion, please go to our forum.Forum
Questions not related to blog notes will not be answered here. Many thanks for your comprehension.