Genealogy Software Updates of the Week
• Update for GEDCOM import
Brother's Keeper 6.5.16 (Full Featured - Windows - Purchase)
• This version has changes for the language translators so that they can update the language files. It might take a couple weeks before the translators get their versions ready. The new translation program is also available.
Families for Android 1.6.2 (Mobile - Purchase)
• Fix problem advertising Sync View address with Android 4.0+
• Fix problem with keyword search within Master Location List.
• Fix layout problem on some Android tablets.
FamViewer 2.6 (Mobile - Purchase)
• Various bug fixes.
GedView 3.2.8 (Mobile - Purchase)
• Fixes potential crash on startup when opening a gedcom from another app.
• Handle broken gedcom a where notes appear at the wrong level.
• Improved support for ANSI character set. Now takes notice of the VERS field as used by program's such as Ahnenblatt for specifying the code page.
HuMo-gen 4.8.4 (Web Publishing - Windows - Freeware)
• Added the "Favorite" feature to store your favorite families.
• Improvements to the CMS welcome screen.
• Attachment of audio files.
• Several other improvements and additions..
The Complete Genealogy Reporter 2012 build 110910 (Family Books - Windows - Shareware)
• Fixed: Norwegian reports including ages which are user-specified now correctly narrate "xx år gammel" instead of "gammel xx år".
Timeline 2.17 (Timeline - Windows, Mac, Linux - Freeware/Open Source)
• Added swipe to navigate instructions and bug fixes.
• Finally finished swipe/slide to move next and previous in the slider.
To learn how to use GeneaNet, please read the "GeneaNet First Steps" pages.First Steps
To ask for help on any topic related to the GeneaNet website, to report a bug and to make a suggestion, please go to our forum.Forum
Questions not related to blog notes will not be answered here. Many thanks for your comprehension.