The Old Log Church Cemetery dates back to at least 1875, when land was deeded for the cemetery and the Methodist Episcopal Church, or Old Log Church, which stood on the site.

A second tract of land was deeded to the cemetery in 1884, when a diphtheria epidemic led to the death of several children and filled the original cemetery.

Source & Full Story