The Next Generation of Genealogy Sitebuilding 9.0.2 Update Released
Web Publishing - Windows, Mac, Linux - Purchase
The Next Generation of Genealogy Sitebuilding 9.0.2 has been released.
• Branches: Names on the page showing which people belonged to the selected branch were being abbreviated (fixed).
• Cemeteries: The rounded corners on the map were not showing properly in some browsers (fixed).
• Cemeteries: Cemetery notes displayed as part of map bubbles were sometimes malformed (fixed).
• Citations: The form used to locate sources when adding a new ciatation would not work if the user pasted in the search criteria and then submitted the form (fixed).
• Export: The proprietary Zoom and Place Level values will now be exported with a full-tree export.
• Languages: A few minor translation errors were fixed in various language files.
• Maps: The geocoding feature ws missing of bypassing many places added recently because the value of the latitude/longitude fields was "null" (fixed).
• Maps: The scale indicator was missing from the new maps (fixed).
• Media: Descriptions for media items linked to living individuals were being shown when the visitor did not have rights to see them (several places; fixed).
• Media: Support for FLV videos was added.
• Media: Media linked to an individual's parental family was not being shown on the individual page when the option to show it was enabled (fixed).
• Media: Image maps were not being created properly when the linked individuals contained quotes in their names (fixed).
• Media: The Slide Show link was still showing in some places even if the feature was disabled (fixed).
• Miscellaneous: Some links did not work when viewed on pages hosted in a subfolder (fixed).
• Miscellaneous: The "session_register" function was eliminated because it will no longer work on PHP 5.4 (all corresponding functionality retained).
• Most Wanted: The button to select photos was not working (fixed).
• NicEdit: The NicEdit inline editor now allows you to edit the HTML directly (button on far right).
• People: Birth and death prefixes will now be omitted from the page title if those dates do not exist.
• Places: Doing a search that included family events while logged in with an associated person ID was causing a database error (fixed).
• Places: New Place records were being assigned to a tree, even if "Assign place records to trees" was set to "No" (fixed).
• Places: If places are not being linked to trees and a user assigned to a tree created a new place, that place was then invisible to that user on the Admin/Places page (fixed).
• Places: The listing for places starting with a selected letter was not respecting the selected tree, if there was one (fixed).
• PDF: The PDF report displaying the individual page data was not saving the cookie for preferred paper size (fixed).
• Profile: The "Edit Profile" screen was not consistent (both in fields and in validation) with other similar screens (fixed).
• Reports: The CSV reports were showing as text and could not be easily downloaded as a .csv file (fixed).
• Review: Proposed changes on custom events did not show the event title on the review screen (fixed).
• Search: It was impossible to search for a person or family ID if you were not using the standard ID prefixes (fixed).
• Statistics: The "More Statistics" link on the tree detail page (showtree.php) was supposed to point to statistics.php (fixed).
• Suggest: The "Suggest" tab was showing on some pages (instead of the "Edit" tab) when the user was logged in with full edit rights (fixed).
Please read the 'GeneaNet First Steps' pages to learn more about GeneaNetFirst Steps
To ask for help on any topic related to the GeneaNet website, to report a bug and to make a suggestion, please go to our forum.Forum
Questions not related to blog notes will not be answered here. Many thanks for your comprehension.