The Next Generation of Genealogy Sitebuilding 8.1.2 Update Released
Web Publishing - Windows, Mac, Linux - Purchase
The Next Generation of Genealogy Sitebuilding 8.1.2 has been released.
• Albums: Albums linked to places sometimes did not show correctly on the Place page (fixed).
• Albums: If an album did not have a default photo, it would cause an error on the page of any individual it was linked to (fixed).
• Albums: Thumbnails were not showing if any person linked to those photos were marked as "private", even if the visitor had rights to see them (fixed).
• Associations: Associations were only being displayed if notes were displayed with events (fixed).
• Calendar: In some cases the "Previous" month link did not work (fixed).
• Custom Event Types: Other language display values were not being saved with new records (fixed).
• Export: The 2 RELA information linked to an association was not being exported (fixed).
• General: A few new place-based indexes were added to speed up some slow queries.
• General: The PHP function ereg_replace has been deprecated. Several instances of that function have been replaced with preg_replace (more to follow).
• Import: First/given names were being imported with a trailing space (fixed).
• Import: The PEDI relationship information was not being imported correctly (fixed).
• Login: In some cases a failed login was not showing any indication that the login had failed (fixed).
• Media: If a search on any of the public media pages resulted in no results, you will now see only one search box on the subsequent page.
• Media: Preview popups and slide show were not working in IE9 (fixed).
• Media: The right side of some images were getting truncated in IE7 (fixed).
• Mod Manager: The "installed" message was not being translated to languages besides English (fixed).
• Notes: Searching for special characters on the public Notes page would sometimes result in the special characters being displayed incorrectly (fixed).
• Person: If you elected to show "Personal Information" first by default on the individual page, the Google Map display was sometimes distorted (fixed).
• Places: Searches on the Admin/Places page for terms including an apostrophe resulted in a backslash being placed in the search field before the apostrophe on subsequent pages (fixed).
• Print: The printer-friendly window no longer includes background colors.
• Relationship: New messages have been added to provide better (albeit not perfect) translations for the statements that appear at the bottom of each relationship chart.
• Search: It was possible for someone to send their own max results value on the URL for a search query, the fear being that someone could download an entire database at once. Results will now be limited to the max value allowed on the Search People page.
• Templates: Each template footer will now include the TNG version number.
• Validation: Several scripts were tweaked to make sure they pass validation inspection.
Please read the 'GeneaNet First Steps' pages to learn more about GeneaNetFirst Steps
To ask for help on any topic related to the GeneaNet website, to report a bug and to make a suggestion, please go to our forum.Forum
Questions not related to blog notes will not be answered here. Many thanks for your comprehension.