The Next Generation of Genealogy Sitebuilding 8.1.0 Update Released
Web Publishing - Windows, Mac, Linux - Purchase
The Next Generation of Genealogy Sitebuilding 8.1.0 has been released.
• Albums: Users who were assigned to a tree could not edit an album even if they had appropriate rights (fixed).
• Events: Users with Editor rights were not able to delete custom events in some cases (fixed).
• Export: Note lines that consist only of an ID (eg, "@NI123@") will no longer be escaped with double at signs.
• Export: The PHON, EMAIL and WWW values were being exported with the CTRY tag by mistake (fixed).
• Export: Exported files will now end with a line ending character (after the TRLR marker).
• General: The inclusion of the standard style sheets has been moved out of the meta and custom meta files.
• Media: The Random Photo utility will now be able to display other media types (besides photos) by passing in the new type as a URL variable ($rp_mediatypeID).
• Media: The Image Map feature was broken in v8 (fixed).
• Notes: Long notes in the "general notes" sections on the individual page will now be shown with a scrollable area in the "Personal Information" block. The General Settings can be used to change this back to the way it was previously if desired.
• Notes & Citations: These are now sortable (using drag and drop). Unfortunately the sorting does not survive if the data is re-imported.
• Pedigree: The text-only chart had "holes" in the lines when the individuals on the chart had no vital information listed (fixed).
• People: The preview window for individual data was not always displaying spouses in the correct order (fixed).
• People: The parent-child relationship indicators will now use internal values, to allow them to be translated to other languages when displayed.
• People: Modifiers (like "Aft" or "Bef") in the "birth-death" dates under a person's name at the top of the page were not working in any language besides English (fixed).
• People: When children were listed on the Edit Person page, their birth dates were not displayed (fixed).
• People: The "exact match" search in the Admin/People area was not working (fixed).
• Relationship: An extra prefix message ($text['ggreat']) was added to support languages in which "great" is different for aunts, uncles, nephews and nieces (vs. grandparents).
• Relationship: If no relationships are found between person 1 and person 2, the two individuals will now be swapped and the process will be run again.
• Relationship: If the relationship between two people passed through a family with only one spouse, no relationship was returned (fixed).
• Repositories: The Edit link on the public repository page was broken (fixed).
• Security: The "globalization" of all GET & POST variables has been moved to a new file called "processvars.php", and that has been moved up so it gets called before the configuration files is read.
• Templates: Templates may now be swapped without uploading any files or losing any customizations.
• Users: A new user's username & password were not being removed from the "approved" message if that was selected in the General Settings (fixed).
Please read the 'Geneanet First Steps' pages to learn more about GeneanetFirst Steps
To ask for help on any topic related to the Geneanet website, to report a bug and to make a suggestion, please go to our forum.Forum
Questions not related to blog notes will not be answered here. Many thanks for your comprehension.