Behold 0.99.17 beta Update Released
Full Featured - Windows - Purchase
Behold 0.99.17 beta has been released.
• Read and display Family Tree for Windows GEDCOM dialect (FTW TEXT).
• Add date and place information into Event references.
• Display the line only once in the log file if it has multiple errors.
• Remove additional indentation on the extra part of continuation lines that overflow to the next line.
• Limit log file by default to 100 messages instead of 3 of each type of message.
• Display invalid GEDCOM tags in the Organize->Tags page with a bold font.
• Handle EVEN and FACT tags using their TYPE tag for the definition. This used to be in Behold long ago. Don't know where it got removed but it's now back.
• Use the TYPE, ROLE and RELA tags, where applicable, as the major grouping for the tags they describe, using the tag value as the subgroup. e.g. This will give: "Nationality: Irish", instead of "Event: Irish. Type: Nationality" and it reads much better.
• Move the CONC note from the log file to the File section of the Everything Report, since it is important information for improving incorrect looking text in the report.
• Move references to individuals (e.g. Witnesses) to the end of their description to allow them to be grouped together.
• Prevent the abend when trying to update to a new version but you can't connect to the Behold website and give an informative message instead.
• Indent correctly when displaying a linked note inline.
• Display recursive links correctly. (Maybe not perfectly, but close enough!)
• Display notes on family info correctly.
• Update Everything Report correctly after applying a change to the CONC option on the GEDCOMs page.
• Get the Cancel button on the Organize pages to work again. This was broken in the first beta due to the conversion to Unicode. Surprising that I hadn't noticed it earlier and nobody reported it.
Please read the 'GeneaNet First Steps' pages to learn more about GeneaNetFirst Steps
To ask for help on any topic related to the GeneaNet website, to report a bug and to make a suggestion, please go to our forum.Forum
Questions not related to blog notes will not be answered here. Many thanks for your comprehension.