Personal Ancestry Writer II 96
Personal Ancestry Writer II 96 has been released.
• Validity checking for the Census window is now performed only when the Insert button is clicked.
• Micropublication of census records was discontinued starting with the 1940 census and replaced with scanned images. So entry of microfilm and roll numbers will be invalid for those censuses. Dwelling number does not appear in those censuses and will be invalid for those censuses. Household number in those censuses will be accepted in the Family field.
• The extension .paw is now permitted for PAWriter data files. If the extension is used, the backup file will end in -bkp.paw (not .paw-bkp).
• A preference item "Format RTF reports one-sided" was added to format RTF reports for one-sided page printing. By default, RTF reports will be formatted to print left and right pages for two-sided printing.
• An error has been corrected which caused PAWriter to freeze (actually, to loop indefinitely) when the width of the picture in pixels exceeded the width of the screen (minus some pixels for borders).
• The advent of Snow Leopard required changes to window open routines in order to properly draw the windows' background color.
• File menu > Write HTML > Descendants of This Person now asks for the number of generations to be included.
• A link to the PAWriter forum was added to the Help menu.
Please read the 'GeneaNet First Steps' pages to learn more about GeneaNetFirst Steps
To ask for help on any topic related to the GeneaNet website, to report a bug and to make a suggestion, please go to our forum.Forum
Questions not related to blog notes will not be answered here. Many thanks for your comprehension.