Personal Ancestry Writer II 95
Full Featured - Mac - Freeware
Personal Ancestry Writer II 95 has been released.
• RTF Reports - RTF files can be opened by a number of word processing and desktop publishing programs. By default, RTF files will launch Nisus Writer Pro ($79 download at http://nisus.com/store/). Nisus Writer Pro is a fully functional desktop publishing program for MacOS X. Macworld awarded Nisus Writer Pro four and a half mice (out of five) in December 2009, and William Porter said in their review that "Nisus Writer Pro competes with [MS] Word better than any word processor I've seen in a very long time." Nisus Writer Pro was also the winner of the Reader's Choice Awards of 2010 for word processors, with Pages '09 and MS Word 2008 as first and second runners-up.
• Indexes in RTF Reports - Register, Ahnentafel, Lineage and Dictionary reports in RTF each include an index in a separate section at the end of the report. The index appears in two columns. An entry in an index refers to the entry number in the main text (not the page number). This index may be deleted and an automatic index inserted by Nisus Writer Pro which refers to page numbers and includes entries for married women under their married surnames.
Pagination in RTF Reports - Pages are alternately left and right pages as would appear in normal book format. When saved as PDF and the PDF opened in Preview, you can choose to PDF Display Two Pages from the View menu to view two pages in book format, providing the window is wide enough. If printed, you should choose Layout Two-Sided Long-Edge binding from the Print dialog (assuming your printer has duplex printing capability).
• Double Periods in RTF Reports - Double periods may occasionally occur in RTF reports. This can occur when a given name or a suffix ending in a period appears at the end of a paragraph. In general double periods always should be globally replaced by single periods.
• Footnote Numbers in RTF Reports - Notes may be entered for a person in PAWriter, and they are refered to in RTF reports as "exposition" because they contain background information, documentation, evidence, and other substantiation for the conclusions drawn about a person's life events, as well as clarification, explanation, elucidation, explication, interpretation, appraisal, assessment and/or other commentary relevant to the person's life.
• Colors in RTF Reports - Various headings in RTF reports appear in color: major headings which might appear in a table of contents appear in red, and some other headings appear in blue to make them easy to spot. (In Nisus Writer Pro, you can change all colors to black if you choose Select All from the Edit menu and then choose Text Color Black from the Format menu.)
• Splitting RTF Registers - When you choose to create an RTF register with two or more generations, you will be asked if you wish to split the report into two reports at a selected generation. Some RTF registers may be quite lengthy, and this capability provides for producing two shorter registers, each of which might become a different volume of a book.
To learn how to use GeneaNet, please read the "GeneaNet First Steps" pages.First Steps
To ask for help on any topic related to the GeneaNet website, to report a bug and to make a suggestion, please go to our forum.Forum
Questions not related to blog notes will not be answered here. Many thanks for your comprehension.