Behold 0.99.10 beta has been released.
• Check internet connection and new version information only at startup.
• Recalibrate progress meter to better reflect progress of new optimizations.
• Prevent more than a fraction of a second periods of "non-responsiveness" while Behold processes large files.
• Show only the first 100 references and then list how many more there are. The reference list is not very useful when there are so many references for a particular source/event combination.
• Indicate in the title area which files have possible data problems and/or non-standard GEDCOM, and link that to their file information.
• Include record counts, summarize the messages, and add links to the GEDCOM file and log file in the file information.
• Add periods to separate lines within a section where they normally would be placed one after another with no punctuation in between.
• Prevent reading of UTF-8 files from getting messed up because of a buffering problem at every 4 MB of large GEDCOM files.
• Display concatenated notes correctly.
• Get tags not defined in the Behold's default list to display with their tag name rather than incorrectly using one of the other tag's descriptions.
• Make several fixes to the display of schema tags.
• Show reverse link relationships (e.g. Relationship to Father) on one line rather than separate lines.
• Show the correct file size in the File Information. 0 wasn't correct.
• Repair the display of undefined records back to the correct way it worked in the alpha.
• Show the NOTE references in the undefined records.
• Display notes in sources properly when they only have one reference.
• Use the Unicode non-breaking hyphen instead of the Ascii one which no longer seems to display.
Please read the 'Geneanet First Steps' pages to learn more about GeneanetFirst Steps
To ask for help on any topic related to the Geneanet website, to report a bug and to make a suggestion, please go to our forum.Forum
Questions not related to blog notes will not be answered here. Many thanks for your comprehension.