Ancestral Quest 12.1.24
Ancestral Quest 12.1.24 has been released.
• AQ Newsline: Each time you start AQ, it will show you news about the software, updates, training, or other items pertinent to family history.
• Family View: The display of Age at marriage and death, introduced in build 23, sometimes did not fit in the display box. Fixed.
• Login to NFS: The new "LDS Account" is now accepted by Ancestral Quest. NOTE: This was not a change made to AQ, but by FamilySearch about the same time as this build was released. (Even if you still keep build 23, you should be able to login to NFS with the LDS Account.)
• Group Link: If you link groups of individuals through the Group Link feature, and choose the "Link Only" option, this will now process much more quickly.
• Login by non-LDS Users: The login failed for users with an NFS account who were not members of the LDS faith -- there is a difference in how the login is completed in new.familysearch.org. Fixed.
• Loading of Some Individuals from FamilySearch: For some individuals in the FamilySearch database -- most common with IOUSs -- AQ might crash during the load. Fixed.
• Adding Parents: In the Family Sync screen, if you added two new parents from NFS to a child in your file, and also added parent to child facts, AQ would successfully add the parents, then crash when trying to record the parent to child facts. Fixed.
• Adding Person to NFS: If you added a person from your local file to NFS, and this person had a gender of Unknown, the gender was not written to the FamilySearch record. Fixed.
• Auto Syncing Family Members: If, in builds of AQ 12.1 previous to 23, you had selected the option to automatically sync data, then you had hidden the option screen for this selection, AQ would crash when trying to sync a local record with the NFS record. Fixed.
• Delete of NFS Person: Some relationships to the person might not have been deleted at the time the person itself was removed. Fixed.
• Connecting of Spouses in NFS: If you had parents in your local file for an individual, and FamilySearch had records of the same parents, but did not have them linked as parents in NFS, AQ attempts to link the NFS records together as child and parents. This was failing in build 23. Fixed.
• Legacy Contributions: If you had claimed legacy submissions as your own, AQ would not allow you to modify or remove data from the submissions under a prior different ID. Fixed.
• Relationship Facts: While you could add relationshp facts to NFS using AQ's Family Sync screen, you could not modify or delete them. Fixed.
• Linking Spouses: If you had previously linked two NFS spouses together, then deleted the relationship using NFS, AQ was unable to link them back together. Fixed.
• Gender: If you were the contributor of the gender of a person, AQ should have allowed you to change the gender. It didn't in build 23. Fixed.
To learn how to use GeneaNet, please read the "GeneaNet First Steps" pages.First Steps
To ask for help on any topic related to the GeneaNet website, to report a bug and to make a suggestion, please go to our forum.Forum
Questions not related to blog notes will not be answered here. Many thanks for your comprehension.