MemoryMiner 2.0.5 has been released.
• Files with two-byte file names (e.g. Japanese) no longer crash on import.
• Dragging more than one file on to the MemoryMiner app icon in the dock no longer crashes the app.
• Changing the owner of a library could sometimes crash the app. This has been fixed.
• Some Canon RAW photo images have EXIF dates that include milisecond data, which is different from the published standard. MemoryMiner now properly converts this data to proper dates in the database.
• A problem with scrolling/adjusting the time slider, particularly when displaying months/days has been fixed. The symptom was "stuttering", and when reaching the beginning or end points of a date range.
• When using the Export function (as opposed to Collection Publishing), the sort order is respected. For those users who wish to create a web export for a collection that they which to view locally, this is particularly helpful.
• Right- (or ctrl-) clicking on the Contact Sheet brings up a context menu which lets you re-generate the thumbnails for the currently selected photo(s). This has now been made much more memory-efficient process that can be cancelled. After choosing this menu, a modal panel appears showing each photo being processed, along with a progress bar and Cancel button.
To learn how to use GeneaNet, please read the "GeneaNet First Steps" pages.First Steps
To ask for help on any topic related to the GeneaNet website, to report a bug and to make a suggestion, please go to our forum.Forum
Questions not related to blog notes will not be answered here. Many thanks for your comprehension.