Protect the Privacy of Living People in your GeneaNet Family Tree
GeneaNet allows completely withholding of information on living people in your family tree, thus protecting their privacy.
Go to "My GeneaNet : Online Family Tree : Manage : Privacy" to configure your privacy settings.
Show/Hide Living Individuals
- Default: Only the name and surname of individuals born within the past 100 years will be displayed. Information such as life events will not be available.
- Hide Living Individuals: The name and surname of individuals born within the past 100 years will be replaced with "XXX" and information about living persons will only be available in the online search for users with a Wizard Access Right.
- Show Living Individuals: All of the information about living individuals will be displayed in your family tree and available in the online search.
Remove living persons from your online family tree
This will remove every person born within the last 100 years. Please, save your data before processing!
Expert Options - Advanced Access Rights
- Privacy of Living Individuals: To restrict access to living individuals in your family tree, select a number of years then select "Yes" to replace these individuals with "XXX".
- Birth Date Unknown: Select if individuals with unknown birth date should be hidden in your family tree.
- Remove Hyperlinks: Select "Yes" to remove hyperlinks on private individuals.
Please read the 'Geneanet First Steps' pages to learn more about GeneanetFirst Steps
To ask for help on any topic related to the Geneanet website, to report a bug and to make a suggestion, please go to our forum.Forum
Questions not related to blog notes will not be answered here. Many thanks for your comprehension.