Pocket Genealogist 3.40
Pocket Genealogist 3.40 has been released.
• Device/Desktop: Pocket Genealogist is now fully UNICODE compliant. (It can still import ANSI, ANSEL, UTF-8 or UNICODE, but internally everything is now UNICODE) Unicode provides much better support for International character sets.
• Device/Desktop: Support for Legacy Version 126.96.36.199. This version of Legacy has database changes so you will need to re-import your Pocket Genealogist databases.
• Desktop: Support for Family Historian V4.
• Desktop: On GEDCOM export, ANSI, UTF-8 or UNICODE can now be selected as the 'encoding' type.
• Desktop: Changes to PAF/FTM Add-on (especially for FTM 2008 and 2009) to take extra measures to ensure that all individuals are imported.
• Desktop: Windows 98 and ME no longer supported.
• Device: Support for devices with screen resolution of 400x240.
• Device/Desktop: Update to most language translations.
• Desktop: The Backup feature for 2-way Legacy syncing will now default to the location of the Legacy database if no backup path is found in the Legacy configuration file.
• Desktop: Support for "Between" dates for FTM 2008/2009 Add-on Imports.
• Desktop: Fixed Direct Ancestral Quest imports to support 'relative' paths for multimedia files.
• Device: Changed label on To Do screen from "Date" to "Due Date" for FTM imports.
• Device: Fix to Individual "Main" tab for Smartphones with 320x320 screens. (Display and edit of Given and Surname).
• Desktop: Fix to Legacy 2 way sync as it would re-sync images that didn't need to be synced. (Wasn't causing any harm, but was unnecessary).
• Desktop: Fix to desktop sync screen to properly display memory / storage card locations available for syncing on device. (Was not working with 64-bit Vista).
• Device: Disallow editing or deletion of To Do's for FTM Add-on import.
To learn how to use GeneaNet, please read the "GeneaNet First Steps" pages.First Steps
To ask for help on any topic related to the GeneaNet website, to report a bug and to make a suggestion, please go to our forum.Forum
Questions not related to blog notes will not be answered here. Many thanks for your comprehension.