MacFamilyTree 5.6 has been released.
• New Virtual Tree
- Drastic performance enhancements by using multiple processors/cores when available.
- Much improved 3d alignment, especially in complex scenarios.
- Can only show partial subtrees within a database.
- Displays pictures of persons directly in the 3d tree when available.
- New palette to directly jump to near ancestors or descendants.
• Improved Media Management
- One picture, audio, web page or video can now be assigned to multiple persons, families, events or sources.
- Persons or families can be tagged on group fotos for easy identification.
- Pictures can be edited from within MacFamilyTree (cropping, hue control, saturation and noise reduction).
- Images with embedded DPI information are now handled correctly and are displayed in full resolution.
- Media can now be bookmarked as it has already been possible for Persons or Families.
- Improved playback of Video and Audio media entries.
• Virtual Globe
- Improved rendering performance on slower Macs.
- More detailed map.
• Other Improvements
- Text-based Descendant and Ancestor Reports are now available in the Person Report.
- Full screen mode for the Virtual Tree and the Virtual Globe.
- All dialogs or sheets have been improved to a consistent and user friendly look.
- Further performance enhancements throughout the whole application as well as a reduced memory footprint.
To learn how to use GeneaNet, please read the "GeneaNet First Steps" pages.First Steps
To ask for help on any topic related to the GeneaNet website, to report a bug and to make a suggestion, please go to our forum.Forum
Questions not related to blog notes will not be answered here. Many thanks for your comprehension.