The Master Genealogist 7.04
Full Featured - Windows - Purchase
The Master Genealogist 7.04 has been released.
• GenBridge - Support has been added for direct import from FTM 2008 and FTM 2009.
• [:NP:] code - In addition to suppressing punctuation, the code now suppresses the spaces normally output at the end of the sentence.
• UK Edition - Edits were made to the sentences for the UK-specific tags so that they would be more compatible with Second Site.
• Sample_UK project - Edits were made to the sentences for the UK-specific tags so that they would be more compatible with Second Site.
• Details window - The beginner buttons to the right of the Tag Box are now saved in the layout.
• Research task - The comments field now displays formatting rather than the format codes.
• DNA templates - A revised template for the Relative Genetics 43 marker test was added.
• DNA templates - The screen design for the Y-DNA 'DNA Fingerprint' templates has been updated to add additional fields.
• Log files - Added or revised the List of external exhibits.log, Last backup.log, and _restore.log. The output to these logs will aid managing external exhibits.
• Journal Report - The 'First Reference Number' field on the Options / General tab now accepts values from 1 - 99999.
• Tag Box - 'Filter for tags of this type' didn't work correctly with Address and History group tags.
• Image window - The Image window could lose focus and show the wrong person when selected from the Window menu.
• Associates window - The Associates window could lose focus and show the wrong person when selected from the Window menu.
• Layouts - Layouts for multiple monitors weren't being applied when selected from the Layout toolbar or from a custom toolbar.
• Tag Box Toolbar - There were cases when you had a Tag Entry screen open or a Master list screen open that the [-] button on the Tag Box Toolbar was active when it should have been inactive.
• Custom Toolbar Manager - Duplicate Book Manager selections were consolidated and the remaining selection was cleaned up.
• Project Explorer - Filters - Selecting [Cancel] from the 'Fill in the Blank' screen didn't cancel the filter.
• Project Explorer - Filters - If you filtered using the Query by Example tab and then switched to the Filter tab, the screen had some layout problems.
• Expanded Picklist - The options for the Event List mode were revised.
• Flag Manager - The messages received when trying to delete or edit flags from disabled data sets were updated.
• Flag Manager - The messages when enabling disabled flags were updated.
• Validate File Integrity - There was a problem entering network paths on the 'List of folders for location' screen for checking external exhibits.
• Restore - Restore could produce an error - Array dimensions are invalid. 3 CUSLAYOUTMANAGER.MLAYOUTEXIST.
• Add Person - An error could occur when the program was set to Beginner data entry mode and add sibling or add add child was selected from the menu.
• Tag Entry screen - When adding a citation to a tag and opening and editing a source from the Citation screen, it was possible to leave the Master Source List open when backing out of the series of open screens.
• Add/Edit Witness - Selecting an alternate name from the Picklist didn't result in that name being selected as the name used for the witness.
• Memo field - The function used to call an external text file from memo fields was broken.
• Master Place List - Fixed cosmatic issues with the search window.
• Master Place List - You could lock up the master Place list by maximizing the screen and clicking on the window background.
• Master Place List - A text correction was made on the Global Search and Replace screen.
• Master Source List - A blank source was created if you started to add a new source and then canceled.
• Source Definition Screen - If you had changed the Ibid. setting and then changed the source type, the Ibid. setting was reset to default.
• Source export - Cleaned up the comments in the export file that is created.
• Place Information - Revised the GNIS site parameters for placeinfo.ini.
• Research Log - An error occurred when certain tasks were opened.
• Research Log - When adding tasks to successive people who previously had no research tasks, you could get an Open dialog when using CTRL_F3 from the task Comments field.
• Exhibit Log - An error occurred when the [Load] function on the Properties / General tab was used for successive exhibits.
• Exhibit Log - various issues when using the [Load] button in exhibit properties were fixed.
• Exhibit Log - Using <Enter> after entering a filter value opened the 'Select file for new exhibit' screen.
• Exhibit Log - Some valid exhibit paths were being seen as invalid when the Preferences 'frowny faces' option was selected.
• Exhibit Log - There was an issue with certain video files, where the video viewer did not open and play the video correctly.
• Exhibit Log - There was a circumstance where resizing the Exhibit Log window was not being remembered.
• Slideshow Manager - fixed various issues when using the [Load] button in frame properties.
• Slideshow Manager - An error occurred when overwriting an existing slide show.
• DNA Log - The wrong test was opened under certain circumstances.
• DNA Log - Various tabbing issues on the DNA Log screen were resolved.
• DNA templates - The 'More information about this test' URLs for the Ethnoancestry, Family Tree DNA and Relative Genetics templates were updated.
• DNA templates - Most tabbing issues on the DNA fingerprint screen were resolved.
• DNA templates - The Haplogroup field in the mtDNA template was not being saved.
• GenSmarts - Users of the Silver edition of TMG7 could not open the GenSmarts module from the Tools menu.
• Text Macros - Shift-F10 couldn't be used more than once. Note that the focus will jump to the Menu when you use Shift-F10. You can click back to where you want to use the macro and hit Shift+F10 again.
• Check for Duplicate People - Inconsistent results were obtained when the project contained more than one data set.
• Merge Two People - Some changes were made to the keyboard behavior when using the merge screen.
• Charts - A text correction was made to the "Visual Chartform" selection in the file Type selection field on the report definition screen.
• Charts - When a chart was created, the default report output path was being passed to Visual Chartform rather than the path specified in Preferences.
• Descendant Box Chart - If you changed the Orientation on the Chart Style tab, some of the options on the Lines tab were disabled until you saved and reopened the chart Options.
• Relationship Chart - The report didn't respond properly in the case when the same ID# had been entered into both fields.
• List of People - The five output column choices for '# of Citations' didn't work correctly.
• List of People - The DNA Log data wasn't being copied when a new project was created using the Secondary Output feature.
• List of Events - When you used the Secondary Output option to change flags, only the flag of Principal 1 was being changed when the flags of both principals in a tag should have been changed.
• List of Citations - An error occurred using the 'Source Number... = [?]' filter after initiating the filter.
• List of Sources - There was a problem with specifying the data set when the Repository Number filter was used and the project had more than one data set.
• List of... reports - Some issues with the Tag Type... filter selection were resolved for the List of Events, List of Names and List of Witnesses.
• List of Witnesses - A filter for 'Is a Principal' / 'Is a Principal' was not being saved when the report was run in French.
• Filters - Various issues with the # of Spouses filter were corrected.
• Filters - An invalid return occurred with Is a Descendant and Is an Ancestor type filters when the filter had an invalid ID# as the value.
• Filters - An error occurred when filtering for # of Witnessed... in a language other than English (U.S.).
• Message Manager - Unread messages were being marked as read when the Message Manager was closed.
• Other minor fixes and tweaks have been made to the program.
To learn how to use GeneaNet, please read the "GeneaNet First Steps" pages.First Steps
To ask for help on any topic related to the GeneaNet website, to report a bug and to make a suggestion, please go to our forum.Forum
Questions not related to blog notes will not be answered here. Many thanks for your comprehension.