PhpGedView 4.2 has been released.
• Improvements to the external database structure, and a redesign of the internal data structures, for performance, flexibility and ease of maintenance.
• More options for statistics and charting.
• Improved multimedia handling.
• Support for three new languages: Slovenian, Romanian and Indonesian.
• Improved soundex searching for non-English languages.
• And much more.
Note that PGV4.2 now requires PHP5.2.0 or later in order to run. Please ensure your server has a suitable version of PHP before upgrading. If you don't know your version, you can find it out from the phpinfo link on PGV's admin page.
Many web-host companies offer both PHP4 and PHP5, and you may need to ask them to make the switch for you, or you may be able to do this from a control panel, or you may need to a .htaccess or other configuration file.
For anyone who is unable use PHP5, we have patched all the critical changes into 4.1.6, to create 4.1.7.
Please read the 'Geneanet First Steps' pages to learn more about GeneanetFirst Steps
To ask for help on any topic related to the Geneanet website, to report a bug and to make a suggestion, please go to our forum.Forum
Questions not related to blog notes will not be answered here. Many thanks for your comprehension.