iFamily for Leopard 2.500
iFamily for Leopard 2.500 has been released.
Changes:• Ancestors and Descendants Diagrams: Changed the display of marriage dates from year only to the full marriage date including the qualifier.
• Events On This Day: Added an option to display Hebrew dates.
• Merge Person from Another Database: Enhanced to update the (internal) index of place names after merging.
• Active Source: The Sources pane is now (once again) refreshed correctly after adding a Source Reference to a person by right click on the Context Diagram. This was previously OK in version 2.443 but got broken in V2.463.
• Source References for Pictures and other Media Objects: When a Picture/Media object is cloned from one person to another, the Source References for that picture are now also cloned to the new instance of the picture. The simplest way to clone an image is to drag it from the Pictures pane onto someone in the Context Diagram.
• Context Diagram: Added Consanguinity as a 12th option for displaying text in the Context Diagram. The consanguinity is calculated relative to the "Root Person of the current Ancestral View".
• Context Diagram: Added Ahnentafel Numbers (aka Sosa-Stradonitz or Kekule numbers) as a 13th option for displaying text in the Context Diagram. The Ahnentafel numbers are calculated relative to the "Root Person of the current Ancestral View".
• Context Diagram: Added an option to display Source Numbers Referenced as a 14th option for displaying text in the Context Diagram. This is intended to quickly highlight those people that may need additional research effort.
• Ancestors Report: Added an option to include Ahnentafel (aka Sosa-Stradonitz or Kekule) Numbers. These Ahnentafel numbers are calculated relative to the "Root Person of the Ancestors Report".
• Default Pane when Starting iFamily: iFamily now remembers which pane was open in the lower half of the main window. The next time you start iFamily it will activate the pane that was active when iFamily was last closed.
• Picture Add/Edit Dialog - Image Metadata: Added a button to display all of the metadata contained in the image file. This includes metadata such as Exif, IPTC, TIFF and Camera metadata. You can then copy and paste whatever is needed into the Notes box.
Please read the 'GeneaNet First Steps' pages to learn more about GeneaNetFirst Steps
To ask for help on any topic related to the GeneaNet website, to report a bug and to make a suggestion, please go to our forum.Forum
Questions not related to blog notes will not be answered here. Many thanks for your comprehension.