Pocket Genealogist 3.30
Pocket Genealogist 3.30 has been released.Warning: Database Layout changes, all databases must be re-imported.
Changes:• Device/Desktop: Added Multimedia support for all imports with the "Advanced" version of Pocket Genealogist. (Only Photos/Images get transferred to the device).
• Device: Added "Multimedia" as a new "Find" type. Multimedia objects can be selected based on title, caption, description or Note.
• Device/Desktop: Changes to the database which can greatly reduce the size on Windows Mobile 5 and newer devices.
• Device/Desktop: "Direct" import support for the latest version 7 release of Legacy Family Tree.
• Device: The Backup and Restore database feature with the "Advanced" version of Pocket Genealogist now has a “progress bar” to show the progress of the operation.
• Device: Added "GPS" to the menu when Editing Notes, Locations, Addresses and Repositories. (Otherwise non-touchscreen Smartphones could not access the GPS since they do not have "buttons")
• Desktop: PAF import using the Add-on will now sort children by date of birth.
• Desktop: When re-importing/syncing your database, it will put the new database at the same location as the old database (on the device) unless "Synchronize to location with most space" is selected.
• Device: Changes to the "Backup", "Restore" and "Find by" screens as the data fields were "crowding" the left side of the screen.
• Device: Change to the Uninstall Messages on the device to clarify what gets deleted if you select "Yes" to the prompts.
• Desktop: Change to the FTM 2008 "Direct" import (PAF/FTM Add-on) to handle the situation where GenBridge can return "no more individuals" when there are actually more.
• Desktop: Fix to UNICODE and UTF-8 GEDCOM imports. (Version 3.21 broke the ability to import UNICODE and UTF-8 GEDCOM's)
• Desktop: Fix to the Genbox import to eliminate a couple of error messages that could be displayed during import. (They were false errors)
• Desktop: Fix to GEDCOM Latitude/Longitude processing... it would sometimes discard values thinking they were invalid.
• Desktop: Initial GenoPro GEDCOM Profile to eliminate some warnings that occur when the default "GEDCOM 5.5" profile is used.
• Device/Desktop: Update to French, Danish, Norwegian and Swedish translations.
Please read the 'GeneaNet First Steps' pages to learn more about GeneaNetFirst Steps
To ask for help on any topic related to the GeneaNet website, to report a bug and to make a suggestion, please go to our forum.Forum
Questions not related to blog notes will not be answered here. Many thanks for your comprehension.