The Next Generation of Genealogy Sitebuilding (TNG) 7
The Next Generation of Genealogy Sitebuilding (TNG) 7 has been released.
To get the upgrade from v5 or v6, just go back to your previous TNG downloads page (http://tng.lythgoes.net/downloads5 or http://tng.lythgoes.net/downloads6). There is no direct upgrade from v4 or earlier. To upgrade from one of those versions, you must first upgrade to v5 or v6.
Changes :• Administration: Many improvements in the administrative area make online site management a lot easier than before (smaller forms, fewer page refreshes, no more popup windows, and many more "Web 2.0" enhancements).
• PDF Reports: Create PDF documents directly from pedigree, descendancy and individual charts.
• Albums: Albums can now be linked directly to individuals and families, and Web 2.0 administration makes it easy to group your photos and other media items.
• Media: More robust online management, and you can now create your own media types.
• Most Wanted: Dynamically create a list of the people or photos you're interested in the most.
• Look and Feel: Several pages have been restyled for easier use and a nicer appearance (Cemeteries, Surnames, Places).
• Faster Upgrade: Coming from an earlier version of TNG? No problem!
• Security: Enjoy stronger protection against the latest malicious influences.
• Search: Searchable columns make lookups easier and more informative.
• Search Engines: A few key changes should make your pages more visible.
• Google Maps: The new "Default Zoom" setting will save you time when you're pinpointing your locations.
• Places: A few popular 3rd-party GEDCOM conventions are now supported, allowing many of you to import latitude and longitude data already in your file.
• TNG Network: A direct link to this surname lookup site makes it easier for you to index your own data there.
• Plus many more improvements! See a complete list of all changes here.
Please read the 'GeneaNet First Steps' pages to learn more about GeneaNetFirst Steps
To ask for help on any topic related to the GeneaNet website, to report a bug and to make a suggestion, please go to our forum.Forum
Questions not related to blog notes will not be answered here. Many thanks for your comprehension.