The Next Generation of Genealogy Sitebuilding (TNG) 6.2.0
The Next Generation of Genealogy Sitebuilding (TNG) 6.2.0 has been released.
• Mousing over most media thumbnails now reveals an intermediate-sized preview (GD image library required).
• Doctype declaration switched from HTML Transitional to XHTML Transitional.
• Dropdown menus restructured to use DIVs instead of TABLEs.
• All media list pages now display much faster (will be more noticeable for some).
• The “GIFF” file format was added to the image list in tngfiletypes.php.
• A few small formatting issues were corrected in the RSS page.
• New GEDCOM import was breaking media links to custom events.
• Reordering of media using up- and down-arrows did not work in some cases.
• Place names with apostrophes were sometimes show with extraneous slashes.
• Custom SQL reports using the “AS” keyword did not work as they previously did.
• Page titles containing quotes would break the surrounding HTML.
• The LDS Sealed to Parents event could not be displayed on custom reports, even if selected.
• True dates for split years with less than 4 digits were not being correctly calculated.
• Names of living individuals were sometimes revealed on the timeline.
• The cemetery page for “No Cemetery” was not being displayed properly.
• Some home pages were including an extra BODY tag.
• Long notes were sometimes not “wrapping” correctly when exported to a GEDCOM file.
• Clearing a branch label did not work.
• The media slide show did not work in some CMS environments. A few other CMS-related issues were also fixed.
• The Admin “Find” window did not allow users assigned to a particular branch to select an individual from another branch for linking purposes.
To learn how to use GeneaNet, please read the "GeneaNet First Steps" pages.First Steps
To ask for help on any topic related to the GeneaNet website, to report a bug and to make a suggestion, please go to our forum.Forum
Questions not related to blog notes will not be answered here. Many thanks for your comprehension.