Second Site 2.1
Second Site 2.1 has been released.
• Made internal changes so that Second Site can process TMG v7 projects.
• Added support for the new printer codes in TMG v7: [:NP:] and [+].
• Added support for interpreting backslashes (”\”) as escape characters as in TMG v7.
• Added the ability to create the main page content using a Custom Page or SubPage; if you set the Filename to “index” for either a Custom Page or SubPage User Item, that User Item will determine the main page content; please be aware that the resulting page will have a PageSet equal to User Page, not Main Page, and that will affect the use of User Styles, script choices, etc.
• Added the “Does Not Contain”, “Equals” and “Does Not Equal” operators to the Exhibit Gallery text filter.
• Added properties in the Dates section to control the format of parent lifespans on person page entries.
• Renamed properties in the Dates section to indicate their use more accurately.
• Added the Dates.Subject Date Format property to control the format of dates in the subject lifespan separately from other dates in the person page entry.
• Added the Database.Omit Non-Primary Parents property to control whether non-primary parents are included in the site or not.
• Added the Set Page Title to Person’s Name checkbox to control the page title when the People Per Page property is set to 1.
• Changed processing of User Item text and Static Content text:
- Backslash characters must be doubled in those properties to be consistent with backslashes in content that comes from the TMG data.
- Printer codes are now ignored in those properties.
- Second Site checks for backslashes and printer codes in those properties when reading SDF files from previous versions and warns the user when it finds any.
• Changed sentence processing to disable capitalization of words after periods unless the period is present in the TMG sentence template. Periods in sentences are treated as sentence-ending punctuation unless they are escaped; if they are escaped, they are treated as data. See In-sentence Periods.
• Added the Stylesheets.Theme.Simple Blue.footer-text-color property to simplify changing the color of footer text.
• Changed the logic that detects URL in sources; when “&” appears in URLs, Second Site changes “&” to “&” in the visible version of the URL; it does not change ampersands in the HREF parameter.
• Changed sentence processing to allow variable references within the WEB, EMAIL, CIT and PAGELINK codes, for example, [WEB:]www.surnames.com/[PS];surname site[:WEB]. Please note that TMG’s sentence editing window can interfere with adding codes nested in the manner shown above and so it takes care to define sentences with that characteristic.
• Fixed a bug where the “Full, then Short” choice for the Place Format property did not work properly when Detail Format was set to “Raw Data”.
• Adjusted the image scaling feature that is part of creating thumbnail images to correct a problem making thumbnails of GIF images; updated the image processing engine to expand support for certain problematic PNG images.
• Fixed a problem where the primary image icon appeared incorrectly in custom indexes when the person was alive and had a primary image that was suppressed due to Suppress Details for Living People.
• Fixed a problem where duplicating User Items caused duplicate filenames.
• Fixed a problem where changing the enabled state of a User Item did not work properly when pressing the spacebar with a User Item selected in the User Items list.
• Fixed a problem where the tab sequence was incorrect for the Edit Icon Description window and that broke the Alt key processing.
• Fixed a problem where the tab sequence was incorrect for the Edit SubPage window and that broke the Alt key processing.
• Fixed a problem where some SUP HTML elements were coded using uppercase tags and thus caused HTML validation errors when Format.HTML was set to XHTML.
Information for Theme and Format Authors:
• Most Formats were changed as part of adding support for the new Database.Omit Non-Primary Parents property: added an xsl:sort statement so that non-primary parents are sorted after primary parents.
Please read the 'Geneanet First Steps' pages to learn more about GeneanetFirst Steps
To ask for help on any topic related to the Geneanet website, to report a bug and to make a suggestion, please go to our forum.Forum
Questions not related to blog notes will not be answered here. Many thanks for your comprehension.