GedStar Pro 3.2
GedStar Pro 3.2 has been released.
• Changes for compatibility with Windows Vista™. Database (“.pdb”) and log files are now created in a GedStar Pro folder under the user’s My Documents folder. This should make them easier to find, and is a requirement for Vista compatibility.
• Source citation exhibits/photos should now work for the non-standard “linked file” GEDCOM construction used by Family Historian.
• Support non-standard CHAR tag for GEDCOM files generated by the Tribal Pages online genealogy site.
• Removed citation exhibit support for TMG, FTM, and PAF. The citation exhibit feature is not currently supported by GenBridge, so we will have to wait for a fix from Wholly Genes. This feature should continue to work for Legacy and GEDCOM users.
• On the handheld, research tasks (to-do items) for individual persons, etc. can now be filtered to show or not show completed tasks. Previously this filtering only worked on the master Research Log screen; now it works when accessing the tasks from an individual’s screen or any other item that can have a task assigned to it. (This is a TMG and Legacy feature only).
• Sources associated directly with an individual in a GEDCOM file, as opposed to sources associated with an event, are now recognized and handled by creating a “General sources” event and attaching them to that.
• Exhibits, including photos, are now supported for source citations as well as for the source records themselves. This currently works only for Legacy and GEDCOM imports.
• The GedStar Pro PC program now automatically opens the most recently saved configuration file when it is launched. If you only have one database that you’re working with – by far the most common case – then you should no longer have to click on the File menu item to reload your conversion settings.
• New version of GenBridge library (changes of internal interest only).
Please read the 'Geneanet First Steps' pages to learn more about GeneanetFirst Steps
To ask for help on any topic related to the Geneanet website, to report a bug and to make a suggestion, please go to our forum.Forum
Questions not related to blog notes will not be answered here. Many thanks for your comprehension.