Relatively Yours 3.3.4002
Relatively Yours 3.3.4002 has been released.
• Added new font element for Biographical Name (to allow specific highlighting of the main person’s name on the Person > Biography page).
• Added manifest to RY application files to request administrator privileges when running on Windows Vista (no longer require “Run as Administrator” flag to be set on shortcut as this privilege will now be requested on start-up).
• Added capability to avoid use of liaison/casual relationship phrases in narratives (refer Tools > Preferences > Advanced > Alternates).
• Enhanced ordering of merged/participant events on Person > Biography page (relative to biographical events of main person).
• Numerous changes to improve operation and effectiveness of sensitivity settings on biographical displays.
• Corrected various spelling errors in message text.
• Updated default preferences to not start On-this-Day at computer start-up (affects new installations only).
• Implemented /a command line parameter to clear all settings (used by install process).
• Fixed HTML help being used for all operating systems, rather than only for Windows Vista.
• Corrected several verify messages which indicated [fixed] instead of [alert].
• Fixed field definitions in default circulars.
• Added additional verify routine to detect and repair child not linked to parents via maiden/birth alias.
• Added support for GEDCOM import/export of Event Place Format.
• Modified “Restore last open person on database open” preference to be “‘on” by default.
• Automatic pre-fill of Source AGCI Area Code field from place information when creating new source.
• Improved loading efficiency of user fields when building charts.
• Fixed merge events description not always showing relationship to main person (son, daughter, etc).
• Modified default display fonts to use Verdana rather than Arial (applies to new databases only, or when resetting to default).
• Updated Includes on Person > Biographical Details page to show “events”, “active research tasks” and “siblings” by default.
• Added support for GEDCOM import/export of event source AGCI area code.
• Added support for GEDCOM import/export of event source Format.
• Enhanced ordering of merged/participant events in biographical narratives (relative to biographical events of main person).
• Enhanced ordering of merged/participant events on Person > Chronology page (relative to biographical events of main person).
• Improved handling of source format change on Edit > Event Source dialog.
• Added support for GEDCOM import/export of default source code in Source structure.
• Added support for GEDCOM import/export of default surety value in Source structure.
• Fixed repository comments not being imported in GEDCOM.
• Corrected operation of marking research tasks complete/incomplete from Person > Research page.
• Resolved active research tasks not showing on Person > Biography page.
• Fixed sizing of Tools > Preferences dialog when other than default font used.
• Corrected missing period in biographical narrative when no children exist for relationship.
• Added capability to avoid use of past tense in narratives when referring to relationships (refer Tools > Preferences > Advanced > Alternates).
• Enhanced Edit > Relationship dialog to search for matching marriage/dissolution events to allow for deletion of duplicates.
• Added additional verify routine to detect duplicate marriage/dissolution events.
• Added additional verify routine to detect missing linked graphic file in narrative text.
• Resolved invalid prompt to reindex files from earlier RY versions.
• Added warning prompt when starting RY on Windows Vista without administrator privileges.
• Altered Family Group Sheet wizard to use Preview as default output option.
• Resolved fault (Access violation) when display narrative text with missing linked graphic files.
• Fixed user defined fields not displaying correctly in charts.
• Corrected caption on Group > User Defined options dialog.
• Corrected caption on Group > Maintain options dialog.
• Fixed size of “Save as Default” checkbox on options dialogs.
• Fixed registration wizard not offering option to not send details.
• Included operation system version in registration details (to assist with support handling).
Please read the 'GeneaNet First Steps' pages to learn more about GeneaNetFirst Steps
To ask for help on any topic related to the GeneaNet website, to report a bug and to make a suggestion, please go to our forum.Forum
Questions not related to blog notes will not be answered here. Many thanks for your comprehension.