iFamily for Tiger 2.286
iFamily for Tiger 2.286 has been released.
Upgraded to run on OS X 10.50 (Leopard):
• iFamily for Tiger will now run on OS X 10.5 (Leopard). Please note that this is not iFamily for Leopard.
• Corrected a bug based on reports from beta tests on Leopard.
Ancestors and Descendants Reports:
• Minor layout adjustments such as hanging indent for Events.
• Added an option to display Event Notes as appended after the last Event or as embedded with each Event.
• Corrected accented characters in names used as picture placeholders.
Import from GEDCOM:
• iFamily will now ignore FTW custom tags for _FREL and _MREL that are not Natural, Step, Adopted or Foster. For all other _FREL and _MREL values iFamily will assume that the parent-child relationship is Natural.
Drag and Drop Pictures:
• Added an option to suppress the confirmation message after drag/drop of images and other files onto people in the Context Diagram.
• Added a new button to display the Relationship to the Focal Person - this is similar to Consanguinity except that it includes relationships by marriage(s).
• Added a new filter called a Kinship Filter which will filter the People Index based on Kinship. A value of +0 does nothing. A value of +1 shows only the Focal Person’s immediate relatives (Father, Mother, Children, Spouses). A value of +2 includes their immediate relatives as well, a value of + 3 includes their relatives, etc.
• There is a new menu option called “Project Views” that allows you to define and modify a Project View. A Project View may include as many people as you like. It also allows you to print a sorted list of all the people who have been included in a Project View.
• You can define any number of Project Views and make one of them the Active Project View. To add or remove people from the Active Project View you simply use Option+Click on anyone in the Context Diagram. Alternatively you can Right Click on anyone in the Context Diagram and use the new menu item for “Add/Remove Person from the Active Project View”.
• Note: The Ancestral View, that has always been in iFamily, is a special case of Project View. An Ancestral View is automatically populated with the root person’s ancestors. You cannot manually add people to an Ancestral View using Option+Click.
Combining Project Views:
• You can combine any two Project Views to create a new Project View using the operators AND, IOR, XOR and NOT. A simple Venn diagram is used to display the logic.
• For instance if you already have two Ancestral Views (one for youself and another for your spouse) then you could combine them together using AND to create a new Project View that just contains people who are in both of the views - the new view would then contain those ancestors that you have in common (if any) with your spouse. If you have married your “5th cousin once removed” then the new view will contain two of your gggGrandparents plus all their ancestors.
Ancestors and Descendants Diagrams:
• Corrected the display of spouses’ names to conform to the rule chosen by the user in the Customise Defaults dialog.
People without Ancestors:
• Added a new report that lists all the people who do not have any parents/ancestors.
Data Inconsistency Report:
• Added a new report of inconsistencies in the data. Most of these inconsistencies will have been imported from a Gedcom file, however others may be the result of the user ignoring a warning during data entry in iFamily. It checks for inconsistencies such as a person who has a birth date that is after his/her parent’s death or whose parents are too old or too young at the time of a child’s birth.
To learn how to use GeneaNet, please read the "GeneaNet First Steps" pages.First Steps
To ask for help on any topic related to the GeneaNet website, to report a bug and to make a suggestion, please go to our forum.Forum
Questions not related to blog notes will not be answered here. Many thanks for your comprehension.