Pocket Genealogist 3.11
Pocket Genealogist 3.11 has been released.
• Initial support for Family Tree Maker 2008 imports (using GEDCOM). The PAF/FTM add-on does not yet work with FTM 2008 but Wholly Genes Software is working on adding support.
• Ancestor and Descendant Tree Views now work better with regards to adding individuals to the “History List”.
• Ancestor and Descendant Tree View buttons will “highlight” depending on which view is selected (button will have a yellow background when “highlighted”). This helps determine which tree view is in use.
• Change to 3-gen screen to show the complete given name IF 2 line display (Name on one line, dates on another… for example PocketPC Landscape mode).
• Smartphones: Change to allow “back” button to operate as a “backspace” when on an edit field (Motorola Q for example does not have a backspace button).
• Allow install on Windows 98 and ME, but no guarantee Pocket Genealogist will work properly on those systems.
• 30 Day trial now more strongly enforced.
• Fix to “Find by Relationship” button and the Relationship calculator so that it honors what is selected on the 3-gen, Individual or Tree views.
• Family Historian: Fix to GEDCOM export for Research List notes.
• Fix to relationship calculator to process a full 10 generations (was only going out 9 generations).
• Smartphones: Fix to Individual and Tree Views to work properly when switching to another program and back to Pocket Genealogist.
• Smartphones: Fix to properly translate menu for tree views.
To learn how to use GeneaNet, please read the "GeneaNet First Steps" pages.First Steps
To ask for help on any topic related to the GeneaNet website, to report a bug and to make a suggestion, please go to our forum.Forum
Questions not related to blog notes will not be answered here. Many thanks for your comprehension.