Second Site 2.0 build 7
Second Site 2.0 build 7 has been released.
• Added the following new User Items, all of which are intended to add content or control the structure of SubPages: Heading, Icon Description, List Type, Picture, Table Row and Text.
• Expanded Menu choices for User Items to Top, Bottom, MenuBar and SideBar.
• Added the Format.Repeat Marriage Tags property to control the repetition of marriage tags in the family section for the Formats that support that option.
• Added Theme-specific parameters to the Simple Blue and Simple Blue with Leave Themes to reduce the need for User Styles to set header font colors, etc.
• Added Theme-specific parameters to the nonzero - red and nonzero - brown Themes to reduce the need for User Styles.
• Added Filename and Topic to the list of Exhibit Gallery Text Filter fields.
• Added the Show Image Filename option to the Exhibit Gallery User Item.
• Added additional Page Scripts including: Menu Script(s) - Suppress All Menu Items.
• Added the Use Place Style on Place Information Page option to the Place Index User Item to control the use of the Place Style on Place Information pages.
• Added the Include() function for advanced users who want a way to include the content of other files via script statements.
• Modified chart legends to eliminate items that do not appear in the current chart.
• Changed the Place Information pages in the Place Index so that if the Page Title is the same as the one and only Heading on a page, the Heading is omitted.
• Changed the default for Places.Use Place Style from unchecked to checked to agree with SS1 and the documentation.
• Changed all Themes; they now set link text-decoration parameters to a known state when you assign the Theme.
• Changed the Header Script “Welcome” to support GIF and PNG in addition to JPG for the welcome image.
• Rearranged the Edit Exhibit Gallery window to fit more comfortably on 800×600 monitors.
• Optimized some operations on the User Item list; still, if you have hundreds of User Items, close SubPages that contain many sub-items for best performance when manipulating items in the list.
• Changed sentence parsing rules such that excluding the living variation of a sentence rule (if any) will exclude the tag from a living subject’s person page entry; specifically, if a sentence has both non-living and living variations, and the living variation is excluded, Second Site will suppress the tag for living subjects.
• Fixed a problem in the descendant chart where lines from a spouseless descendant to his/her children overlaid the box of a childless spouse of a subsequent sibling.
• Fixed a problem where the Dates.Person Lifespan Option was ignored.
• Fixed a problem where the Language.Write Byte Order Mark property was not enabled when Language.HTML Character Set was set to utf-8.
• Fixed a problem where the Menu Script “SideBar Items in MenuBar” caused misalignment issues.
• Fixed a problem where Custom Indexes did not honor the Name Index Surname Repeat property and did not place the associated continuation text in the proper place.
Please read the 'Geneanet First Steps' pages to learn more about GeneanetFirst Steps
To ask for help on any topic related to the Geneanet website, to report a bug and to make a suggestion, please go to our forum.Forum
Questions not related to blog notes will not be answered here. Many thanks for your comprehension.