3 April 2014
• Branches for iPad is the best and most unique family tree viewer available. No other viewer can do what Branches for iPad does. It is like Apple Maps™ for your family history and genealogy. You can see your entire family tree in a global view. Just zoom in to see all the "street level" details like relationships, events, photos, sources, notes and documents.
27 March 2014
• Corrected a problem in the header portion of an exported GEDCOM file.
Genealone 1.1.1 (Web Publishing - Windows, Mac, Linux - Purchase)
• Several minor bugs fixed.
• Several design improvements.
• French translation improved.
• New background image option.
• New gallery options.
• New custom CSS option.
MobileFamilyTree 7.1 (Mobile - Purchase)
• Completely new iOS 7 inspired user interface.
• AirPlay Video support.
• Completely new Interactive Tree.
• Improved data entry.
• Statistic Maps.
• Mark Persons, Events, Families or Sources as private.
• Exclude private information from charts, reports and GEDCOM export.
• FamilySearch improvements.
20 March 2014
• Supports image download.
• Automatic query and result translation.
• In-theme filters to narrow down search results.
• Continuously refreshed scrolling.
• Improved object display and interaction.
• New sharing option: Pinterest.
Genealone 1.1 (Web Publishing - Windows, Mac, Linux - Purchase)
• New: Relationship calculator.
• New: Global timeline.
• New: Graphical logo.
• New: Any document can be uploaded and linked with persons.
• New: Contact form.
• New: Several webmaster tools including Google Analytics.
LiveHistory 1.2.1 (Mobile - Purchase)
• Solved an issue with the "Done" button experienced by some users.
The Complete Genealogy Reporter 2014 build 140318 (Family Books - Windows - Shareware)
• Fixed: Unexpected program error could occur when creating an Associated Individuals section of the report.
13 March 2014
• (changed) Added 'legal name change' to: Utilities, global event sort.
• (fixed) Fixed some problems when jumping from Family Edit back to Edit.
• (changed) Custom Lists will make default BK number column width 7 if database is over 1 million names.
• (fixed) Custom Lists were only printing 30 characters for Ref Number even if it was longer.
• (new items or items fixed by 6.6.14 are below).
• (fixed) Descendant report, when printing 'children of' it now will remove [ ] from names.
• (fixed) Gedcom import would sometimes give error 'input past end of file' reading some FTM gedcom files.
LiveHistory 1.2 (Mobile - Purchase)
• Enhanced Person Index search: name, year-of-interest, max age, min age, gender (m/f/u).
• Selectable Index views: by name, by birth/naming date, by birthday (month & day).
• Visual updates, iOS 7 enhancements.
LTools 1.3.40 (Other Tools - Windows - Freeware)
• Get estimated birth date from children in 'Advanced Set Living++'. Fixed. • Error in 'View Legacy Tables'. Fixed. • LTools tries to open last used database when in 'reminder' mode. Fixed.
MacFamilyTree 7.1.5 (Full Featured - Mac - Purchase)
• Fixed an issue where MacFamilyTree appeared to be hanging while creating an automatic backup.
6 March 2014
• Simplified the process of downloading and installing non-English language modules, and made it possible for AQ to alert users of these modules when updates to the language modules have been posted.
• AQ has a feature that allows a user to password protect its files on a machine, so that if grandchildren are allowed to explore their grandparent's work, they will only be able to view the data, and not change it.
BegatAll Genealogy Chronicles 1.0 release 9 (Full Featured - Windows - Purchase)
• GEDCOM bug fix (surname).
• Adds Image import (up to 5 images per person in the project),
• Much faster search experience.
DNAMatch4iPad (Mobile - Purchase) NEW!
• DNAMatch for the iPad is a powerful and easy to use alternative to the use of conventional spreadsheets for the processing of autosomal DNA data.
• Importing of CSV files from 23andMe, FTDNA, and DNAGEDCOM.COM.
Legacy Family Tree 220.127.116.114 (Full Featured - Windows - Purchase)
• FamilySearch - Added Merging.
• FamilySearch - Added Discussions.
• FamilySearch - Working on Sources still and once this is done we will have full FamilySearch Tree Share+ Certification.
27 February 2014
• Added research assistance.
• Added improved navigation.
• Added Chinese and French support.
Families (Legacy Family Tree) for Android 2.1.0 (Mobile - Purchase)
• Add filtering and sorting of ToDo list.
Families (Legacy Family Tree) for iPhone and iPad 2.1.0 (Mobile - Purchase)
• Add filtering and sorting of ToDo list.
• Fix some text-editing problems.
HuMo-gen 5.0.1 (Web Publishing - Windows - Freeware)
• Editing of events is completely changed. Events are now shown in the person and family section.
• Photo popup screen also works with very large pictures.
• Improved relationship calculator and new lay-out.
My Family Tree 18.104.22.168 (Full Featured - Windows - Freeware)
• New chart options panel and photo editor toolbar.
• Added support for name type field and for online-only files (smart files) in Windows 8.1.
• Added option to type year in chart time slider.
• Added approximate age calculations based on birth/death related events.
• Added 200%, 250% and 500% display zoom options.
• Improved handling of surname prefix field, citation text summary when some fields are incomplete, print preview auto update, theme menu to show selected theme, and statistics charts.
20 February 2014
A complete genealogy application. Create, Browse, Import, Export, Edit and Share your family tree. BegatAll provides a truly modern genealogy assistant with flowing, touchable tree views and efficient edit forms.
• Import from GEDCOM.
• Edit and Build genealogy projects from scratch or import.
• Touch support for tree view (Pinch and Zoom).
• Touch support for editing.
• Integrated Windows 8 Search.
• Export as Backup.
• Import Backup (can be used to edit the same project on multiple machines).
MacFamilyTree 7.1.4 (Full Featured - Mac - Purchase)
• Now FamilySearch TreeShare Certified.
• Much enhanced FamilySearch person compare view.
• FamilySearch source management added.
• FamilySearch performance greatly enhanced.
• Previously added persons can now be removed from FamilySearch.
• Duplicate family events can now be removed from FamilySearch.
• Better duplicate discovery on FamilySearch.
• Improved FamilySearch change log.
• Improved FamilySearch discussions.
TreeView 0.0.13 (Mobile - Freeware)
• Bug Fixes.
• Fixed Blank Screen issue on devices with Android 4.0.
13 February 2014
• All scripts were revised to comply with the latest PHP standards, replacing MySQL queries with PDO queries.
iScrapbook 4.1.1 (Family Pictures - Mac - Purchase)
• Fixed a problem where cropped images would lose image effects (e.g. a mask effect) during printing.
Kith and Kin Pro 3.2.2 (Full Featured - Windows - Shareware)
• Bug-fix release.
• Fixes SQL query errors when using a previous query which split field names over two lines.
Second Site 5.1 Build 1 (Web Publishing - Windows - Purchase)
• Changed external exhibit file handling; Second Site now restricts exhibit file names to a small set of characters to avoid issues with accented characters, etc., on some web servers.
• Added support for some Subject variables ([SFATH], [SMOTH]) that were added to the pre-release version of TMG v9 after the release of Second Site v5.1.
RootsMagic for Android 1.01 (Mobile - Freeware)
• Your family tree at your fingertips! Now you can easily take and show off your family history with you wherever you go. RootsMagic lets you carry your genealogy on your Android device!
The Master Genealogist 9 (Full Featured - Windows - Purchase)
• Citations – You can now add a new source without leaving the Citation screen. If/when you want it, you can still click on the [+] button to add a source using the full power of the Source Definition Screen.
• Citations – There is now a button to preview the source output directly from the Citation screen.
• Add Person – Setups can be saved and loaded.
• Add Multiple People – You can now add shared events (e.g., Census) on the Add Multiple People and Add Family screens, including the role of each participant. To set up a shared event, click on Setup on that screen.
• Add Multiple People – You can now add an Age column with a Birth Date column. If an age and the event date are added for a person, the Birth date will be calculated automatically.
• And much more...
The Next Generation of Genealogy Sitebuilding 10.0 (Web Publishing - Windows, Mac, Linux - Purchase)
• Mobile-Friendly: No special app is required, but your site will look great and be much easier to use on your mobile device.
• New Designs: Three new templates have been added, and the others have been updated to have more flexible layouts.
• Responsive Design: Many of the standard pages have been restructured to fit better on smaller screens (like phones and tablets).
• New Chart: A vertically-oriented chart of ancestors can now be displayed for each person in your tree.
• Better Navigation: Wherever page numbers are listed, you're now able to enter a specific page number and jump directly to that page.
• Media Uploads: It's now even easier to add photos with captions and link them to individuals.
• And much more...
6 February 2014
• Search selection drop down button not correctly repositioning when resizing the screen. Fixed.
• Minor bug fixes.
Historypin for iPhone & iPad 2.4.1 (Applications pour mobiles - Mobile - Freeware)
• Bug fix for the Main map in iOS 6.
Second Site 5.1 Build 0 (Web Publishing - Windows - Purchase)
• Added the ID Lookup User Item.
• Added the Custom 1 and Custom 2 Page Sets as additional Page Set choices for Custom Pages.
• Added the following fixed-width Layouts where the main content block is left-adjusted. In prior versions, the main content block in all fixed-width Layouts was centered relative to the browser window..
• Added support for as-yet unreleased TMG features so that Second Site v5.1.0 will be compatible with the next version of TMG when it is released.
• Updated many help pages to include cross-references to related topics..
• Added the DNA Strings.Haplogroup Header property.
Transcript 2.4.1 build 99 beta (Transcriptions & Indexes - Windows - Freeware)
• Added Czech language for Transcript's interface. Certain characters will not be able to be shown in the interface currently. The editor however does have full unicode support.
• Fix: Newer versions of Ghostscript need encoding set for accented characters.
• Fix: If pdf conversion fails set image back to the last one instead of the pdf.
• Try to improve stability in case of errors inside Ghostscript and add better error messages.
30 January 2014
• Sorting: If you sort by Custom ID on the Name List screen or the Custom Report, purely numeric IDs should sort as numbers and IDs that are not purely numeric should sort alphabetically. AQ had a bug wherein if an ID was a number of more than 5 digits, the number was sorted alphabetically. Fixed. All numeric IDs now sort numerically.
GEDCOM Lexer Plugin for Notepad++ 0.1.0-r15 (GEDCOM Tools - Windows - Freeware/Open Source) NEW!
• Enhances Notepad++ text editor's handling of GEDCOM files.
• View GEDCOM files with syntax highlighting of: level, xref id, tag, pointer, value and escape tokens. Customize coloration and font styles. Grammar errors are also highlighted.
GRAMPS 4.0.3 (Full Featured - Linux - Freeware/Open Source)
• Fix copy via context menu on Views into Charts Category.
• Fix Tab sequence in Name Editor.
• Fix citations gramplet into media view.
• Fix unhandled exception when inspecting media.
• Fix Citation sidebar filter for python3.
• Fix add link to a “Html code” note.
• And more...
Legacy Family Tree (Full Featured - Windows - Purchase)
• Legacy Family Tree is now available in the Italian language.
My Family Tree 22.214.171.124 (Full Featured - Windows - Freeware)
• Small number of improvements and minor fixes.
The Next Generation of Genealogy Sitebuilding 10 (Web Publishing - Windows, Mac, Linux - Purchase)
• TNG 10 will be available soon! RootsTech attendees will be able to buy TNG10 in a special presale.
TreeDraw 4.2.0 (Charts and Diagrams - Windows - Shareware)
• Adds the ability to set default formatting styles based on the current selection.
• Adds the ability to set visual import styles based on the current selection.
• Adds the ability to set the vertical snap-to-grid spacing based on the current selection.
• Removes inapplicable commands from the Drawing Area popup menu.
• Fixes missing Format | Font default settings after selecting multiple text elements.
• Fixes mis-match between Format | Text alignment setting in main menu and popup menu.
TreeHopper 1.1.10 (GEDCOM Tools - Windows - Freeware) NEW!
• Explore and view your family tree with TreeHopper.
• This is the first Windows 8 App that can read in a GEDCOM file (v5.5.1 or earlier) directly from your device and display the results to give an accurate and easy to use method to browse your family information.
• Available in English and Spanish.
23 January 2014
• Revised for iOS 7.
Historypin for iPhone & iPad 2.4 (Mobile - Freeware)
• Added Drafts feature - if an upload fails the app will automatically save the pin and metadata to a list for later use.
• Fixed repeats functionality.
• Fixed augmented reality.
• Fixed problems with My Channel, Pins list.
Pocket Genealogist 4.09A02 Public Beta (Mobile - Purchase)
• Support for Legacy v8 (8g).
• Fix to TMG v8 import to prevent hang when role has a sufficiently large number of role labels.
15 January 2014
• Support Legacy Family Tree 8.0.
Genota 126.96.36.199 (Organization - Research - Windows - Purchase)
• The issue causing the Research, Correspondence, Documents and People only being recorded when REPORTS > ALL NOTES is selected has been resolved.
MacFamilyTree 7.1.3 (Full Featured - Mac - Purchase)
• Sharing reports using OS X Share Sheets improved.
• Date reformatting issues fixed.
• Crash issue fixed using search in the to do or sources edit section.
• Problem adding associated persons fixed.
• Problem displaying reports on OS X Mavericks 10.9.1 fixed.
The Family Tree of Family for Android 1.9.0 (Mobile - Purchase)
• Updated to Android 4.4.2.
World Family Tree 1.1.0 (Mobile - Purchase)
• Support iOS 7.
9 January 2014
• A new GEDCOM option has been added to control the treatment of CONT text records.
• Increased maximum number of images that can be embedded in the PDF document from 1000 to 5000.
• Added support for the GEDCOM RESI tag. Residence information is now output for each individual in the report.
• Added support for the GEDCOM ADDR tag. Residence, Census, and other GEDCOM attributes will now include address information.
• A bug related to date formats has been fixed.
• Several additional bugs have been fixed.
Families (Legacy Family Tree) for iPhone and iPad 2.0.1 (Mobile - Purchase)
• Bug fixes.
GEDCOM Validator 188.8.131.52 (GEDCOM Tools - Windows - Freeware)
• Improved detection of malformed GEDCOM lines.
• Improved detection and reporting of illegal characters.
• Grammar corrections.
Historypin for iPhone & iPad 2.3 (Mobile - Freeware)
• iOS 7 Compatibility.
• Fixed Login problems.
• Fixed Uploading of photos.
iScrapbook 4.1.0 (Family Pictures - Mac - Purchase)
• Improved printing/exporting so that images only get downsampled once which slightly improves image quality.
• Fixed problem printing/exporting images with special effects applied that would sometimes result in blurry images.
My Family Tree 184.108.40.206 (Full Featured - Windows - Freeware)
• Added support for family sources and restrictions.
• Added support for editing places and addresses in Places view.
• Fixed places list issue.
• Style fixes.
2 January 2014
• Multi-coloured lines (optional) if there are many parallel lines in the tree.
• Text wrapping a photo is optional now.
• A new tree Compact style is available.
• There are shortcut keys for each tree style.
• All events connected with a place can be shown in Information about the place.
• Life dates of family members are shown in lineage lists.
• Bug fixes.
Brother's Keeper 6.6.13 (Full Featured - Windows - Purchase)
• Fixed a problem that started 2 weeks ago with Gedcom Import of notes. It was making blank lines in the grid, or causing an error message.
Families (Legacy Family Tree) for Android 2.0.2 (Applications pour mobiles - Mobile - Purchase)
• Support Legacy Family Tree 8.0.
Families (Legacy Family Tree) for iPhone and iPad 2.0.0 (Mobile - Purchase)
• Support iOS7.
• Support Legacy Family Tree 8.0.
Family Get-To-Gether 1.1.8 (Mobile - Purchase)
• A new 'Log' page is added to list all changes.
• Italian language is added.
• Miscellaneous quality enhancements.
Genota 5 (Organization - Research - Windows - Purchase)
• Support for Legacy versions 3 through 8.
• New interface.
• New transcription module which will assist users in extracting information from documents, especially with the ability to automatically extract text from PDF files.
• Multiple Notes cam be opened at once to enable comparative analysis of content, or to simply cut and paste information between them.
iScrapbook 4.0.9 (Family Pictures - Mac - Purchase)
• Fixed problem that could sometimes cause images to appear blurry on screen and when printed/exported.
18 December 2013
• Added support for new XML Sharing Option in Aperture 3.5 and later.
• Added ability to crop an image with multiple lines of text (previously limited to top line).
• Added new appearance options for image placeholders.
• Improved the way shapes are selected by detecting clicks near the actual path of the shape (if not filled) instead of the interior of the shape.
• Improved the grid feature: the grid settings can now be saved on a document-by-document basis and the grid can optionally be printed.
• When multiple objects are resized, the font size and kerning of text boxes are scaled proportionally.
• The handles for the selected graphic now ALWAYS appear, even if Trim to Page is enabled and the handles are outside of the page bounds.
• Bug fixes.
RootsMapper 1.2.0 (Mapmaking - Windows, Mac, Linux, Mobile - Freeware)
• Quickview: When you hover over a pin you will see a tooltip appear giving you a preview of that person and their lifespan so that you don't have to click on a pin just to find out their name. For more details you can still click on the pin.
• Traceback: By default, when you click on a pin, the lines and pins that trace that person back to the root person will be highlighted in black and yellow so that you can see how the root person relates to the selected person. This function can be disabled in the new Options menu.
• Isolate: This button will temporarily hide all pins and lines except for the highlighted Traceback so that you can more easily examine it.
• Country Statistics: Also available in the new Options menu, the Country Stats button will show you a count of the number of pins in each country. The numbers are updated any time a new pin is plotted, whether by a run or by expanding a line.
• Pedigree List: The Pedigree List button in the Options menu displays an expandable pedigree of the people who have been plotted. Presently it is for informational purposes only and does not allow interaction with the pins.
• Lines: The lines that connect the pins on the map can be hidden using the Lines button in the options menu.
• Bug fixes.
- Are You Related to Marilyn Monroe? - Karen Fritz Rowe
- Are You Related to Warren G. Harding? - Beth
- Are You Related to Cole Younger? - micky Overbaugh
- Southern Genealogy Yields Surprises - Rhana Hill
- Are You Related to Lizzie Borden? - Rebecca G
- Are You Related to Glenn Close? - Anne Kavanagh
- Are You Related to Jimi Hendrix? - Meg
- Are You Related to Hillary Rodham Clinton? - Kay Bowman
- The U.S. National Archives Wants to Put Its Whole Collection on Wikimedia Commons - Shirley
- Are You Related to Judy Garland? - mallory