3 December 2012
Just click a place name, an occupation, or a source to edit it, and changes will automatically apply to your complete family tree.
26 November 2012
This Ancestry Book is available to every GeneaNet member and can display up to 10 generations.
19 November 2012
- Private data in your family tree is available (read only) to members with 'Guest' Access Rights.
- Members with 'Admin' Access Rights can edit your genealogy data.
12 November 2012
This powerful feature is reserved for GeneaNet Club Privilege members.
Other GeneaNet members can search for 'Individual Matches' in the Archival Records and Indexes but not in the collaborative family trees.
5 November 2012
No individual whose date of marriage is later than date of death? No woman whose date of death is before the date of birth of their child?
GeneaNet offers Club Privilege members to automatically and instantly check their family tree for errors.
And you may be surprised!
29 October 2012
- Upload several pictures of the same headstone, for example a general view and some closer views to read the inscription.
- Index the name and date of persons who appear on it.
- Attach a picture of headstone to any individual in your GeneaNet family tree even if it's not your own picture.
- Search the GeneaNet database for pictures of headstones by name, first name, date and place.
22 October 2012
Match your family tree with just one click or select the Advanced mode to get full access to all settings.
Every member can automatically match surnames & places in their family tree with the complete GeneaNet database.
Club Privilege members can automatically match all individuals in their family tree with the complete GeneaNet database.
15 October 2012
We strongly suggest that you add this optional information as it will appear in your Contact Page.
You can describe your family history research, enter the address of your personal web site, create a tag cloud of the most popular surnames in your family tree, link to famous genealogies, and join Discussion Topics.
8 October 2012
The 'Family Tree Owner' is you. This value is used to automatically personalize your Family Tree home page with pictures and popular places of your close family members.
1 October 2012
If the invited person appears in your GeneaNet family tree and if this person is your cousin up to 4th removed, the family link between you and the person will be automatically displayed on the home page.
If the invited person appears in your GeneaNet family tree and if there is no family link between you and the person, their ancestry will be automatically displayed on the home page.
24 September 2012
This helps you keep track of your family links.
A new and attractive invitation message with an ancestry chart will now be sent to your family and relatives.
17 September 2012
Enter a title, a date and a place, quickly add your pictures, easily name the pictured persons, then display a slideshow of your Family Album.
Note that you can make your Family Albums private or public.
10 September 2012
This new feature is very useful for genealogists as you can take notes in the GeneaNet family trees and look them up later.
Other GeneaNet members can add Personal Notes to your own family tree.
Of course, these notes are not added to your genealogy data. They only are personal notes attached to your family tree.
3 September 2012
This is thanks to all of you who have shared your family tree on GeneaNet since 1996.
(Note that an individual may have been indexed by several members)
Many thanks again to all of you for supporting GeneaNet!
27 August 2012
When adding a new person to your Address Book, you can also quickly and easily attach them to your Online Family Tree.
This feature will help you keep track of your family links.
- GeneaNet App for iOS and Android 2.1 Update Release - Jean-Yves BAXTER (jyb)
- GeneaNet App for iOS and Android 2.1 Update Release - Poul GOLTERMANN (goltermann)
- GeneaNet App for iOS and Android 2.1 Update Release - Ronald Hargarten
- GeneaNet App for iOS and Android 2.1 Update Release - Bob
- Arlington National Cemetery Debated Allowing QR Codes On Tombstones. Does Technology Belong In Cemeteries? - Jean-Yves BAXTER (jyb)
- Arlington National Cemetery Debated Allowing QR Codes On Tombstones. Does Technology Belong In Cemeteries? - David Allen Navorska
- GeneaNet: Invite Family and Friends From Facebook and Gmail - Carmine AQUILA NETO (carmineaquilane)
- Are You Related to Henry Ford? - Dominique
- Are You Related to Jimmy Carter? - Steve harden
- Arlington National Cemetery Debated Allowing QR Codes On Tombstones. Does Technology Belong In Cemeteries? - David Paul VINCENT (vdavidpaul)