10 June 2013
The more data you publish, the more interesting GeneaNet is. But genealogy research also means data privacy, reliability and active connection between searchers.
Here are some good practices for online genealogy research.
4 June 2013
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
3 June 2013
The template is divided into different sections as follows: Individual, Parents, Spouses and Children, Siblings, Family Link, Extended Family, Notes, Sources, and Family Tree Preview.
You can specify the information you want to be displayed in each section (Basic, Extended, Full, With Pictures) and you can choose a family tree preview theme (3-Generation Family Tree Chart, 3-Generation Family Tree Chart + Family pictures, 4-Generation Family Tree Chart (Vertical), 3-Generation Family Tree Chart (Horizontal)).
27 May 2013
This menu bar replaces links which were displayed everywhere on the screen.
Making your family tree becomes even easier with GeneaNet!
20 May 2013
If they are in your GeneaNet family tree, the family link will be displayed on the home page.
If there's no family link between you and them, their ancestry will be displayed on the home page.
13 May 2013
On GeneaNet, you can:
- Upload several pictures of the same headstone, for example a general view and some closer views to read the inscription.
- Index the name and date of the persons who appear on it.
- Attach a picture of headstone to any individual in your GeneaNet family tree even if it's not your own picture.
- Search the GeneaNet database for pictures of headstones by name, first name, date and place.
6 May 2013
This powerful feature is reserved for GeneaNet Club Privilege members.
Other GeneaNet members can search for 'Individual Matches' in the Archival Records and Indexes but not in the collaborative family trees.
29 April 2013
Match your family tree with just one click or select the Advanced mode to get full access to all settings.
Non-Club Privilege members can automatically match surnames & places (not the first names) in their family tree with the entire GeneaNet database.
22 April 2013
There are 7 themes available and you can change the content: font, date format, on a single page/on multiple pages, etc.
Offer a beautiful ancestry chart to your family and friends!
15 April 2013
They will soon be replaced by a single menu at the top of the page.
Making your family tree becomes even easier!
8 April 2013
No individual whose date of marriage is later than date of death? No woman whose date of death is before the date of birth of their child?
GeneaNet offers Club Privilege members to automatically and instantly check their family tree for errors.
And you may be surprised!
1 April 2013
On GeneaNet, you can easily upload and share archival records, family pictures, old postcards, pictures of headstones and memorials, indexes and coats of arms.
Picture your family history, prove your data is correct, and grow your family tree!
25 March 2013
- Pagination has been changed.
- Username is not clickable anymore.
- The tree icon is now clickable for everyone.
- Styling of the 'Create a new Individual Alert' link has been changed to make it easier to access.
- When you click a link in your Email Alert, a warning sign will now be shown on the tree icon if the GeneaNet member has changed data or deleted their family tree.
18 March 2013
Every GeneaNet member can add up to 8 Favorite Persons to the home page of their family tree to create a quick access to their individual page. Club Privilege members can also create a quick access to the charts and lists, and they can create two groups to organize their Favorite Persons.
11 March 2013
Invite persons, give them Access Rights to view and update your GeneaNet family tree.
Email address and private information will not be shared with any third parties. Your contacts will only receive a message from GeneaNet.
- Are You Related to Ronald Reagan? - Corey Smith
- GeneaNet App for iOS and Android 2.1 Update Release - Jean-Yves BAXTER (jyb)
- GeneaNet App for iOS and Android 2.1 Update Release - Poul GOLTERMANN (goltermann)
- GeneaNet App for iOS and Android 2.1 Update Release - Ronald Hargarten
- GeneaNet App for iOS and Android 2.1 Update Release - Bob
- Arlington National Cemetery Debated Allowing QR Codes On Tombstones. Does Technology Belong In Cemeteries? - Jean-Yves BAXTER (jyb)
- Arlington National Cemetery Debated Allowing QR Codes On Tombstones. Does Technology Belong In Cemeteries? - David Allen Navorska
- GeneaNet: Invite Family and Friends From Facebook and Gmail - Carmine AQUILA NETO (carmineaquilane)
- Are You Related to Henry Ford? - Dominique
- Are You Related to Jimmy Carter? - Steve harden