19 December 2012
• Fixed a bug in the import of marriages.
• Added German, Spanish, Italian, Dutch, Swedish, Norwegian and Finnish languages.
Download for free on iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/en/app/geneanet/id405274427
28 November 2012
"After much trepidation, I'm happy to say that I've now fully committed to GeneaNet and trust it to handle all my genealogical work . This is true trust! I have known about GeneaNet for years, but while I've dabbled with it briefly for a bit, I never really took the time to truly explore all its capabilities and functions. I always went back to standalone genealogy programs because in my head that was what was going to do the job. Still, even then, I kept changing programs because each one of them was lacking something or other in terms of functionality. These shortcomings, as usual, would only become apparent after the trial periods were over and I had already purchased them. Most of the demo versions out there have so many limitations that you really don't get to know what the program is really capable of until after you buy it and use it for a while. As a result, this switching around was making my passion for genealogy quite expensive. Then I switched from PC to Mac and the dilemma started all over again. I love my Mac Air but I found out the hard way that there are huge limitations in software for the Mac, especially in the genealogy field. My software of choice is not available for the Mac and I was faced with having to search again, and no doubt spend more money, on a program that I could live with and was also Mac friendly. The obvious online options, Ancestry and My Heritage, for one reason or another, just didn't meet all my needs for online family tree updating and management. I tried other online programs with the same results. I wanted something simple and truly versatile with no frllls and heavy on archives and documentation focus. Then I rediscovered GeneaNet. For me, it all came down to how archival records are handled. Having the ability to attach the same archival record to each applicable person and documenting the people and other information, (including transcript option, within the record's function itself, really clinched it for me. All my records in one place and organized and at the touch of a button on the right person! Just awesome! With hundreds of records that I need to add to my family tree, I have my work cut out for me, but happy to do it and I feel truly at home on GeneaNet."
23 November 2012
This new version is faster and more user-friendly, and you can download up to 20,000 individuals instead of 10,000.
GeneaNet for iPhone & iPad is free.
Download on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/en/app/geneanet/id405274427
12 March 2012
Of course, all of the data is backed up, and is safe and secure.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
9 January 2012
GeneaNet ranks #9 on Top 100 Most Popular Genealogy Websites and we thank all of our members for their support!
2 January 2012
We wish you a Happy New Year!
Many thanks to all of you for supporting GeneaNet!
Now, it's time to set some genealogy goals for the upcoming year and we hope that 2012 will bring you many new ancestors and lost relatives!
- Are You Related to Lizzie Borden? - Kaylee Phelan
- Genealogy Software Updates of the Week - Sachin Goyal
- Are You Related to Edgar Allan Poe? - Colyne
- Are You Related to Charles Lindbergh? - dennis cooke
- Anne Bronte's Grave Error Corrected - BibiR
- Anne Bronte's Grave Error Corrected - Rich PHILP (rphilp)
- Mystery of 200-Year-Old British Soldier Found in the Dunes of Holland - frederick warner
- Are You Related to Shirley Temple? - Shirley Farman Brooke
- GeneaNet: Download And Print A Very Attractive Ancestry Chart For Free! - Jean Yves BAXTER (jyb)
- GeneaNet: Download And Print A Very Attractive Ancestry Chart For Free! - Francois ALETA (fraale)